To start, my name is Rosalee Gardner - Lindenmuth

Known information about my son.

Birth date: May 10th, 1967 or 5/10/67
    Birth place: Manhattan, Kansas
    Adoption place: Columbus, Georgia
    Birth name : Grant Gardner / Lindenmuth
    Adoption type: Closed
    His Current Age would be 41 years old
    I think about him a lot, and I realize that I made a big mistake in keeping the adoption closed. I would really like to meet my son, who I love with my whole heart.

If you know anyone like this, or you yourself are like this, please share any information

Thank you so much, and God Bless.
    pamy1959 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by QuanahGardner
    to start, my name is Rosalee Gardner - Lindenmuth

Known information about my son.

Birth date: May 10th, 1967 or 5/10/67
    Birth place: Manhattan, Kansas
    Adoption place: Columbus, Georgia
    Birth name : Grant Gardner / Lindenmuth
    Adoption type: Closed
    His Current Age would be 41 years old
    I think about him a lot, and I realize that I made a big mistake in keeping the adoption closed. I would really like to meet my son, who I love with my whole heart.

if you know anyone like this, or you yourself are like this, please share any information

Thank you so much, and God Bless.
    I am also at a point to where I would like to locate a son I gave up for adoption. I have wondered all these years about him but never got the courage to try and locate him. I totally understand how you feel and was wondering if you have had any luck with your search.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 09:17 AM
    1. Call the adoption agency used. They will tell you what steps you need to take to leave your information with them, and will usually let you know if your child has left information for you.

2. Do the same thing at the court house in the counties where the adoption was finalized and where the birth took place.

3. Log in to sites like adoption.com, adoption.org and ISRR (International Search and Reunion website--one of the largest reunion sites on the web)

4. Make sure to make all contact through a third party if you do find your child. There are some people who absolutely do NOT want to meet,and some that do not even know they are adopted.

5. Realize that closed adoptions are HARD to open, and that you will have a long and frustrating road ahead of you if your child is not also looking for you.

Best of luck to you.
    QuanahGardner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pamy1959
    I am also at a point to where I would like to locate a son I gave up for adoption. I have wondered all these years about him but never got the courage to try and locate him. I totally understand how you feel and was wondering if you have had any luck with your search.

Hi Pamy1959. No luck yet. But I have put a lot of information out there. I'm just hoping to get a bite. If you want to try to locate your son, go for it. Don't be afraid. I know it can be hard, cause I too was scared.

do your best and I promise you won't regret it =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know if I was adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Ask your parents.

I'm adopted 5/13/91 and want to find my sister born 5/20/90 [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Hannah and I was adopted through a closed adoption. I live in Houston Texas, in Harris county. And was born In Dallas. The reason for my adoption was because my birth parents were about to get a divorce. I was born May 13, 1991 The agency is called "The adoption Agency". I do not know...

Birth father was told I was still born. Then she adopted me out [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I have A Very serious questions and need help please! My birth mother just told me some information about my birth father after 3 yrs of me knowing her.. she finally told me that he was told I was still born and that he doesn't know I even exist... if I were to find him 29 yrs later.....

Can I claim my new born child that was born on January 2008 [ 3 Answers ]

Can I claim my new born child born in January 2008 on my 2007 taxes?

View more questions Search