Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gschmidt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 08:06 PM
    Allergy to acrylic nails
    I've worn acrylic nails for years. Just recently I noticed when I get my nails filled or have new nails put on, my fingers become sore, red and itch. I assume I have become allergic to either the primer or the acrylic itself. Has anyone had a similar occurrence, and if so did you find another product that did not irritate your skin? I would appreciate any information.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 29, 2006, 08:50 PM
    Some people who are sensitive to acrylics have had allergic reactions, such a discoloration, peeling and sores. Acrylic or artificial nails may also cause nail infection. If you've been using acrylics for years and have not had any allergic reactions, then it could be that the nail implements weren't sanitized or the technician didn't wash their hands before working on your nails. If it gets worse, please consult a dermatologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acrylic Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Ten months ago we had our bathroom remodeled and, in turn, a new acrylic tub installed by our contractor. Now, there is a crack approximately 12inches long running down the middle of the tub and the area is bowed. We are assuming there was no concrete or mortar placed before the tub was inserted....

Acrylic vs. Silk nails [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering fake nails, but know nothing about them. What is the difference between acrylic, silk or gell set? Do they damage real nails? Which is the least damaging? I want a french manicure and understand that certain types of artificial nails have the polish in/on them and do not chip. ...

Artificial nails? [ 3 Answers ]

Im Pregnant is it okay to get Artificial nails?

T-nails [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Using W2K pro and have a bunch of jpg photos in folders. Now at one time when I open a folder I could see all thumbnails of photos(actual picture) and just scroll through to pick them. But somewhere along the lines aka program change or removal, I no longer see them instead an icon of what...

Looking for sheetrock nails that don't rust! [ 7 Answers ]

I've installed quite a bit of sheetrock, and it seems that the nail heads always eventually rust, when located near a shower or tub. The screws do a much better job, but it sure seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture an aluminum alloy nail that would not rust. I've looked for...

View more questions Search