Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cj17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 10:24 AM
    I am 17 yr old male and I live with my 22 yr old girlfriend is that OK
    I am 17 and my girlfriend is 22 and we live in pa both my parents are dead and my stepdad has custody of me but he kicked me out. I have just got shot a few months back and my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm disabled now and my stepdad is now trying to keep us apart can he do that
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 11:42 AM

Well, let me see
    1. you were shot
    2. girlfiend is pregnant
    3. girlfriend is disabled
    4. mon and dad is dead
    5. step dad got custody
    6. step dad kicked you out

Ok, let me see, step dad had no legal standing, so normally he would not be legal cusstody, so I am having trouble with the story for that reason, since it is not normal in family law.

But step dad if he has custody can order you back home, and report you to children services if you don't and report you as a run away.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2010, 03:37 PM

Chuck #3 is not girlfriend disabled... it's the OP that's disabled.

Until you turn 18 there is really not much you can do if your step father makes it hard for you to be with your girlfriend. You could end up in some sort of juvenile hall if he angled things right for you until you are 18. Just don't give him any reason to do this to you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2010, 03:46 PM

If stepdad pursues the issue your girlfriend can be in BIG legal trouble. Even though the age of consent for PA is 16, there are caveats.

§ 6301 Corruption of minors.
    (a) Offense defined.-- (1) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    The crime of corruption of minors is usually a crime that accompanies another "more serious" crime such as statutory rape or involuntary deviate sexual intercourse or accompanies some drug or alcohol use, possession or sale. Tending to corrupt like contributing to delinquency is a broad term involving conduct toward a child in an unlimited variety of ways which tends to produce or to encourage or to continue conduct of the child which would amount to delinquent conduct."
    The question of whether consensual intercourse with a minor 16 years or older tends to corrupt the morals of that minor is a jury question to be decided by the "common sense of the community."

Based on this, your stepfather or the state could have your girlfriend prosecuted for corruption of a minor.

Why did your stepdad kick you out? Does he have legal custody of you? Did your getting shot have anything to do with your girlfriend?

Feb 1, 2010, 09:41 PM

My dad had kicked me out because I had a confrontation with my older brother and his roommate he had consented to me living with her and the shooting was not because of her.

Feb 1, 2010, 09:43 PM
    He had also dropped of all my legal paper documents like my birth certificate and ss and medical card I lived with her until I had gotten shot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do when you live with a girlfriend that wants space [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everybody, I have been with my girlfriend for about 4 years we have been living together for a 1 1/2 we were talking one night and she came out to me by telling me that she needed space and that she was confused. I tried to talk to her that night and tried to find out why but she didn't know...

Girlfriend wants space but we live together [ 9 Answers ]

Hey All, I will briefly describe my situation. My girlfriend and I met in college. I always told myself I would not get involved in a deep relationship while in college but I did my junior year. She is two years younger than me so when I graduated she still had a couple years left. Anyway, I...

Sometimes can't ejaculate (male), and girlfriend gets annoyed [ 12 Answers ]

On a rare occasion, I have a hard time ejaculating during intercourse or from oral sex. I'd say once every 40 or 50 sexual experiences this happens to me. A good example is recently it was early in the morning, and I had sort of egged my girlfriend into giving me oral sex. She did for about 5...

I live with my girlfriend and now she want space? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys he is the story I have been with my girlfriend 2 and half yrs we have been living together 1yr and a half everything was fine she is older by 6yrs but I'm very mature for my age until we moved into a smaller place. Since then we have had problems with the place and sorting it out and then...

I live with my girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I met this girl and she is pretty much amazing. She does everything, she always smiles, and she loves the heck out of me. We moved in immediately after meeting each other cause we really wanted to. Probably not the best decision. Now its been 4 months and I don't have that same feelings as I...

View more questions Search