Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonasboyslove Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 12:58 AM
    I pierced my own cartilage and it REALLY hurts
    I'm 14 and I know it had to be one of the stupidest things ever but yes I did let my friend pierce my cartilage 5 days ago. I didn't hurt at all when I did it. We iced it, they marked the spot with a pin, and they stuck the ear ring through. That night and the next day I was fine, but now it's starting to really hurt at night. For the past two nights I've woken up at around 2 and I just can't go back to sleep because the pain is so bad. Is it normal to hurt that long? It's not infected because I got my second holes in my lobes done professionaly and that I know is infected only because I'm a competitive cheerleader and my top has a really bad habbit of puling on my earing. I've been reading up about cartilage piercing and to tell you the truth I'm really scared about what I've been hearing.
    HELP ME!!

WARNING: I encourage NO ONE to pierce their own ear. My mom refused to let me get mine done, and with out parent consent I couldn't so that's why I did mine. But if you want it bad enough you can do what you want
    (:
    chukieanbride Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2007, 02:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasboyslove
    I'm 14 and I know it had to be one of the stupidest things ever but yes I did let my friend pierce my cartilage 5 days ago. I didn't hurt at all when I did it. We iced it, they marked the spot with a pin, andd they stuck the ear ring through. That night and the next day I was fine, but now it's starting to really hurt at night. For the past two nights I've woken up at around 2 and I just can't go back to sleep because the pain is so bad. Is it normal to hurt that long? It's not infected because I got my second holes in my lobes done professionaly and that I know is infected only because I'm a competitive cheerleader and my top has a really bad habbit of puling on my earing. I've been reading up about cartilage piercing and to tell you the truth I'm really scared about what I've been hearing.
    HELP ME!!!!

WARNING: I encourage NO ONE to pierce their own ear. My mom refused to let me get mine done, and with out parent consent I couldn't so that's why I did mine. But if you want it bad enough you can do what you want
    (:
    Hun, u need to be bathing your ear in surgical sprit, that will keep any infection away, at least 3 times a day, silly girl huh, lol
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 04:49 AM
    You need to take the piercing out. It is very unsafe to pierce your own ears... let alone your cartilage! Although you may have thought the tools you were using were clean, you are not a professional. The tools could have been contaminated, causing baterica to get right in there when you pierced it.

My advice would be to take it out asap, continue to clean the area until its healed. Once its heal... go to a professional to have it done.
    AmberLynn2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 06:19 PM

Use dial soap on it and it will heal up fast and good I used it on mine when I got it done and take the earring out and use perxoide on it to clean the earring
    oprahwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 08:24 PM
    I did my own today ind its hurts but I think ill be okk but clean that **** and take some advil or something I might take mine out if it really starts to bother me just keep it clean and you will probably be OK
    Stewart2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 07:22 AM
    I just pierced my ears next to my first piercing yesterday and its been hurting since yesterday but I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol.
    xOsn00kiii Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 11:24 AM
    I let my friend pierce mine 3 days ago. He cleaned the earring & put it right through. Mine was okay for the first couple days, then I took it out to clean it & now it hurts A lot.
    gomitha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Soo I pierced mine last night lol I'm always 14 its fine I mean it stings but its fine, I don't want to touch it or anything, but I've heard you need to twist it, I don't plan on doing it because it stings, but yeah take some pills that's what I'm doing helps a lot :) Good luck!
    gomitha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 07:31 PM
    Soo I pierced mine last night lol I'm 14 to, mines fine I mean it stings but its fine, I don't want to touch it or anything, but I've heard you need to twist it, I don't plan on doing it because it stings, but yeah take some pills that's what I'm doing helps a lot :) Good luck!
    Olivia1242 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 06:18 PM
    I also pierced my cartilage last night and I'm 14 by the way, but mine is swollen and red and before I did this I pierced my 3rd hole and it was swollen and red. But I continued to clean it with hydrogen peroxide and it was fine. It may hurt a little but yeah, take some advil or something, and it should let the pain go away. I know it seems like a pretty stupid idea, but to me it's worth it. So, I hope that your ear is supposed to be swollen and red when you pierce your cartilage. Cause otherwise we're in trouble. Hahaha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just got cartilage pierced with piercing gun. Scared of keloids/scars/infections [ 8 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced with a piercing gun at Claire's 3 days ago, and I regret that I did not do my research before I got it. After having it done, I researched online and all websites say that piercings guns should never be used for cartilage piercings because of all these reasons, and...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

I just got my cartilage pierced about 2-3 weeks ago. [ 3 Answers ]

So I just got my cartalige piercing a few weeks ago, and it seems to be doing fine, it only hurt the first week but now is perfect . When can I start changing the earring.. and how long does it take for and infection to start usually. Thanks :p

Cartilage [ 5 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced about 4 days ago by a friend. It didn't really hurt that bad until now. It's a little red, but not swollen or anything like that. It just stings really bad. I don't know what I should do because my parents don't know about the piercing. Is there anything I can do...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

View more questions Search