Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheryl1952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2005, 07:19 PM
    Question about Springer Spaniel
    My Springer Spaniel is 11 years old. The past year he has developed these lumps all over his body. Some are small nodules and other were small fatty tissues and now they have grown very large. We take him to the vet periodically and the vet has said as long as they do not fester or bother him leave them alone. Has anyone else had this problem with their pet or specifically a Springer Spaniel
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2005, 09:28 PM
    Our 12 year old Lab Aster seems to want a fatty tumor. A couple of years ago the one she had for a while, enlarged and hardened. We removed it. She responded with more energy, playing better with the 4 month old puppy from the evening we brought home from surgery. Another tumor formed in a couple of months. We had it removed. Another formed. We sort of gave up and are just checking it occasionally. Our friends that have her mother are leaving her have lumps.

With all her new playfulness after the first tumor was removed, I though it was a great idea. Our vet assured me that it was common. However with the third one forming, I am very discouraged about removing lumps. Each dog is different, after examining your dog, your vet is in a much better position to give advice than any of us on the net. I am sure part of his advice includes keeping careful watch and bringing changes to his attention. With so many, you may want to make notes.

I don't know any Springer Spaniels and can't say if there are any breed specific things.
    midget4134 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 09:29 AM
    My spaniel is 11, and he has several lumps-the vet said they are like spots and are nothing to worry about (they're hard but move around), however we have just found a squishy lump on his leg that we're guna get checked out...

It's very common in Springer Spaniels, but lumps are always worth getting checked just in case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Springer Spaniel Not Eating All His Food [ 1 Answers ]

HI I was wondering if anyone could help I have a 11 month old Springer Spaniel who has always eaten all his food until recently. I have not changed his food or given him treats he eats about half of it and then leaves it. I have also noticed that he is not content to just eat his food he is much...

View more questions Search