Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kidpro Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Civil law suit
    I am considering suing my ex wife and her immediate family because they never tell me anything about my girls (17 & 14 years old); how they are doing, etc. They have interfered with my relationship with my daughters & have withheld visitation. I am fed up with this. She is the custodial parent. She & her family sent my daughter away to New York in March, 2006 to a school for troubled teens. They did not tell me about their decision until she was already there & enrolled. My former spouse did this because she could not handle my daughter. Her brother got involved & sent her there without my consent. Can I file suit against these people for what they did to me and my children? They are wealthy and entice my children with their money and gifts. They threaten them if they mention that they prefer to live with me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kidpro
    I am considering suing my ex wife and her immediate family due to the fact that they never tell me anything about my girls (17 & 14 years old); how they are doing, etc. They have interfered with my relationship with my daughters & have withheld visitation. I am fed up with this. She is the custodial parent. She & her family sent my daughter away to New York in March, 2006 to a school for troubled teens. They did not tell me about their decision until she was already there & enrolled. My former spouse did this because she could not handle my daughter. Her brother got involved & sent her there without my consent. Can I file suit against these people for what they did to me and my children? They are wealthy and entice my children with their money and gifts. They threaten them if they mention that they prefer to live with me.

No. Take your X to Family Court if they are not behaving in accordance with your custody agreement but, no, this is a family matter and not a civil matter.

If it is this bad move for custody. If your daughter is not a problem and got sent to a school for troubled teens, question the process and the decision.

(You cannot control gifts and the like to your children. They are entitled to "enjoy" the weath of your X's family. Hard to hear, I know, but this is not all that uncommon.)
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    No. Take your X to Family Court if they are not behaving in accordance with your custody agreement but, no, this is a family matter and not a civil matter.

If it is this bad move for custody. If your daughter is not a problem and got sent to a school for troubled teens, question the process and the decision.

(You cannot control gifts and the like to your children. They are entitled to "enjoy" the weath of your X's family. Hard to hear, I know, but this is not all that uncommon.)

I don't know why you red marked me, saying I didn't give you much info -

Here it goes again, same info: Take your ex to Family Court; if the situation is bad for your children move for sole custody; this is a family matter and not a civil matter and so you cannot sue anyone in civil court; you can't control the gifts your ex-wife and her family give your children. Go to Family Court, explain why your daughter shouldn't be in a school for troubled teens, explain how you will turn that situation around and get custody.

What would you like to hear? I'm sorry you're so angry but these are your options.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 07:40 PM
    No, you can not file against them in "civil" court, that means you are sueing for money damages.

You need to take them back to family court for violatoins or being in contempt of the current custody orders in place. You would file for custody showing that the child would be better off with you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2008, 07:43 PM
    First, you have posted several threads about your marital issues. When you do this it makes it harder to help your. Second all these threads contain contradictory info.

In this note you claim 2 daughters, 14 & 17, and you claim your ex is blocking visitation and not letting you know about what they are doing. In this one: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/accoun...ns-177152.html you claim one daughter turned 18 in May and lived with you half the year. In this one https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ue-180705.html claim her parents are kicking them out and she's giving them to her brother. In this thread https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ts-118903.html you talk about a 16 yr old daughter and a son and about them being with the step dad.

We don't like being played so you need to get your stories straight.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    First, you have posted several threads about your marital issues. When you do this it makes it harder to help your. Second all these threads contain contradictory info.

In this note you claim 2 daughters, 14 & 17, and you claim your ex is blocking visitation and not letting you know about what they are doing. In this one: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/accoun...ns-177152.html you claim one daughter turned 18 in May and lived with you half the year. In this one https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ue-180705.html claim her parents are kicking them out and she's giving them to her brother. In this thread https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ts-118903.html you talk about a 16 yr old daughter and a son and about them being with the step dad.

We don't like being played so you need to get your stories straight.

I didn't realize until AFTER I had responded for the second time but this person is on a heavy dosage of an anti-convulsant used for bipolar disorders.

I think there's a medical issue here and I'm sorry I answered but I didn't know, didn't mean to upset the person.

Just a heads up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to file a civil suit to get judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ex spouse who I was paying child support. It took the courts over 3 months to approve to stop child support. Now my ex owes me $7k in back payments and refuses to give it back(obviously). I am in NY state, do I need a lawyer? I cannot go to small claims with it since the amount is larger...

British Columbia Statute of Limitations for Civil Suit [ 0 Answers ]

I am a resident of BC, Canada. I am owed $100,000 in salary. This is a bonus payment that was acknowledged by the company, in writing, as earned. They have ignored my final invoices. Is there a timeframe in which I must file suit or lose right to claim?

Civil suit by creditor [ 1 Answers ]

Made last payment on car Oct. 2, 2002,car was picked up and sold BELOW fair market value. Now (April 23) was served with court papers re. suit to obtain judgement against me for difference between sale price of car and the loan. Live in Texas. 1. does 4 year statue of limitations apply to this? 2....

Civil Suit [ 7 Answers ]

Civil Suit -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I owned a mobile home about 3 years ago and was young and dumb, got into a high interest rate loan and could not make payments, voluntarily left and have been renting ever since. Now 3 years later am...

Civil Suit [ 1 Answers ]

I owned a mobile home about 3 years ago and was young and dumb, got into a high interest rate loan and could not make payments, voluntarily left and have been renting ever since. Now 3 years later am being sued I questioned the debt of about $35,000 when the loan was only $39,000, asking for the...

View more questions Search