Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenns Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Ultrasound showed earlier that I thought
    I recenlty had a ultrasound at what I thought was 6 weeks and 4 days, but the person soning the ultrasound said that I measured at 5 weeks 1 day. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen to them?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 03:53 PM
    It's really no big deal. You see, all of pregnancy is a guessing game two weeks either way. Some babies are smaller yet some are larger. Unless the baby is measuring 3 or more weeks earlier or larger, there is little to be concerned of.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 04:27 PM

Keep in mind as well that often the first numbers are based on your last menstrual period and you aren't really pregnant right at that time... so having the dates adjusted a bit is quite common.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 18, 2008, 03:38 PM

Yeah. This pregnancy at my first ultrasound I was supposed to be 12 weeks. They said I was only 10 weeks. Next ultrasound I was supposed to be 17 weeks and some days, I was measuring 19 weeks. It was the same with my first pregnancy too. I gave up on due dates since mine has been changed 4 different times already, so I just say I'm due sometime in February.

It's not a big deal. A week isn't much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earlier and earlier periods [ 30 Answers ]

Hi OK I relly need help. Ok last month my period was 2 days early. I know no biggie. Bt this month it is 8 days early. Nd I am having a lot of pregancy symptoms. I look up about inplantation bleeding. Which I think is what it is? It really brown. And barely bleeding. And makes since cause if it is...

It Was All Perfect With Him, until My Best Friend Showed Up Again. [ 2 Answers ]

So, Here's The Whole Story. 26 Days Ago, Me And My Ex Started Dating. 30 Days Before That. His Ex Broke Up With Him. So For A While After They Broke Up, He Found Out I Liked Him. His Ex, Things Moved Semingly Slow.

Scan showed nothing, what now? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I was/am? Just 6 weeks pregnant. I had to go to hospital for an internal scan today as I had a light bleed 3 days ago with cramp. Both scans showed no problems with my ovaries and there was no sac in my womb. I then had blood test for hcg level. Have to go back on Friday for another test...

Another girl showed up! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi guys. I am a 34 y/o Latino. I got married on February 06 with my 2 years girlfriend, she is 26 now, from Bosnia Herzegovina, UC Berkeley student. The truth? I got married because of the green card. She is cute and always trying to keep me happy: she cooks, she keep the apartment in order, I...

View more questions Search