Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garylm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 07:34 AM
    How should I mix d-limonene with ethanol to get a homogeneous solution?
    I want to mix the two chemicals to get a solution that doesn't stratify, and does not require constant shaking (mixing) during use.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 01:23 PM

Mixing oils and alcohols doesn't always go so well. You can try using pure ethanol, not a water mix. You may also get some luck if you homogenize it, like they do with milk, sometimes a high speed mixer, say several thousand RPMs, will work instead of the big bulky equipment. Depending on what you're using it for, adding certain lyes or soaps will often reduce the cohesion of the chemicals to allow them to mix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethanol and water [ 1 Answers ]

In mixing ethanol and water is the tendency toward randomness, one that favours ethanol and water being mixed or being separated in solution?

Stop Lab/Bulldog mix pup from biting terrior mix. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 month old black lab/american bulldog mix and a 2 year old pug/terrier mix. My Lab/Bulldog mix is very playful and will sometimes will grab onto my terrier mix cheeks trying to get her to play. I noticed yesterday that he is starting to scratch her cheeks and now they're all red and...

Element, compound, heterogeneous mixure or homogeneous mixture? [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the following is an element, a compound, a heterogeneous mixture or a homogeneous mixture? Carbon dioxide Brass Oxygen Salt water Magnesium Cement Water Salad

Ethanol in body [ 1 Answers ]

After drinking alcohol, how long is there a presence of ethanol in your body

Ethanol [ 1 Answers ]

How many therms or BTUs of natural gas goes it take to produce one gallon of ethanol from corn?

View more questions Search