like drift wood down a lazy river

These power lines hum like a religious chant
    carrying death
    but no the death that comes to mind
    but Eventual

Mr.Sewtan-Ty running frantically
    with cinder blocks on his shoulders
    a ball and chain locked to his leg
    feeling as if he can never grow older...

Like sheep we run from danger
    that has face value
    we've no instinct for a silent fight
    until the world slows

Stops spinning, stop glowing
    human life will stop growing
    Open your eyes
    and conceive the knowledge
    Someone else's problem
    is exactly what you'll call it.

* If you wouldn't mind, id love some feedback on how it is, some corrections, better structure, wording, ryhming. Everything. I'd love to learn how to write better.
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 09:10 AM

I'f you want any suggestions state first your reason for writing, such as just feedback, relaxing, work or any other. Then I would try to give some useful as possible answer. Don't be shy and state full reason even if it is ambitious.
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Apr 15, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlM View Post
    I'f you want any suggestions state first your reason for writing, such as just feedback, relaxing, work or any other. Then I would try to give some useful as possible answer. Don't be shy and state full reason even if it is ambitious.
    I was riding the city bus and watching the powerlines squiggly back and forth along the road. Then I though, what would it look ike from above, and pictured the up and down, back and forth lineage of powerlines. Then I noticed people running for the bus, suitcases, lunch bags, even just coffee, rushing to catch a bus that is their only way of not being late for work. I noticed a flow of birds fly right through a smoke stack creeping out of a building off in the distance. I concluded with seeing the world as a life of monotonous rushing and working, and how strenuous it is. Yet no one see result of this hard-work, because in reality, its all of this hard work everyone is rushing off to do that is creating all this pollution and civil turmoil, poverty, violence etc. Day-by-day they go off to work hard, thinking its all for something good, but they're creating their very own death and its creeping up behind them.

No one realizes that they're are fighting something that they can see first hand, and that's life itself, work, education, kids, spouses, family in general, they fight poverty and the line up at the check-out line. Yet no one can see the invisible fight, and that's the were putting onto this planet, the wars, pollution, power-trips from egocentric dictators... few people can realizes the priori knowledge that is right before their eyes.

Apr 16, 2009, 04:27 AM
    Then what I would say everything you can do to improve is keep writing until you are satisfied. If people to tell you change your style of something like that it might hurt your mind. And I mean it. As long as you feel what you write is telling what you see it is enough for your conscience, and if there is at least one person who likes it then it is enough for your confidence.
    follow please Posts: 64, Reputation: -1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:51 AM

Lol, I'm not worried about pleasing people, I'm more concerned about structure and anything that seems to add a bit more of a professionalism to it. Unless there's such this a type of post-modernism in poetry, in which case, I don't think I'm doing half bad lol

Apr 16, 2009, 04:13 PM

Then you luck for now. I'm going crazy with my work (too much ideas and 1 hour of sleep per week)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions at Immigration interview for skilled worker. Any Tips [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what Questions are asked at Immigration interview for skilled worker.

The skilled nursing unit (SNU) [ 1 Answers ]

My clinicals start in 2 weeks and I will be in the skilled nursing unit (SNU) all semester. Can anyone tell me what kind of patients I will be seeing in this unit?

Love Poem [ 2 Answers ]

Love Poem Susie Lee Done Fell In Love; She Planned To Marry Joe. She Was So Happy 'bout It All She Told Her Pappy So. Pappy Told Her, Susie Gal, You'll Have To Find Another. I'd Just As Soon Yo' Ma Don't Know, But Joe Is Yo' Half Brother.

In need of insight [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a string of bad luck. Can you tell me if it is coming to a end soon. Any information would dbe helpful. So what does the future hold for us? Thank you for your time. Carolyn

View more questions Search