Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NonprofitTX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Nonprofit grant management fee
    Can a nonprofit request a "fee" for managing a grant? For example: XYZ Nonprofit Corp will be applying for a grant from ABC Foundation. ABC Foundation approached XYZ about running a program on their behalf and offered a grant to XYZ for this purpose. Can XYZ request a 10 - 15% grant management fee from ABC for running the grant?:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Why not? Basically it sounds like ABC wants to give away some money and is hiring XYZ to administer the program. XYZ needs to pay its staff someway.
    isha_miranda Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NonprofitTX
    Can a nonprofit request a "fee" for managing a grant? For example: XYZ Nonprofit Corp will be applying for a grant from ABC Foundation. ABC Foundation approached XYZ about running a program on their behalf and offered a grant to XYZ for this purpose. Can XYZ request a 10 - 15% grant management fee from ABC for running the grant?:confused:
    It is unethical if you are asking Grant and allowing the same organization to manage the program.

But if so………..
    1. ABC Foundation did so, then XYZ could be able to come to agreement on offer their resource personal on program implementation and ABC could Managed the program. Their for XYZ COULD ASK funds for

1.1 Salary and allowances for the resources personal
    1.2 Fees for Proposal write up
    1.3 XYZ could ask for program monitoring and evaluation fees .

Minus/Plus points are

2. XYZ could not gain the complete credit on running this program

3. XYZ may end up a merge with the grant organization (foundation) as link organization for the ABC foundation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2006, 06:12 PM
    I think Isha is making the assumption that XYZ would be receiving the funds from the grant. If that's the case, then yes it would be unethical. I was going under the assumption that XYZ was managing the grant for ABC, but not receiving the proceeds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Fee [ 2 Answers ]

Once upon a time (last April 2005) I looked at an apartment and thought I really liked it. (It was a September rental and we were on top of things) So my roommates and I paid the fee to hold the apartment so nobody else could rent it for the time being. 2 days later after a little more research...

Free grant guide [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a free grant guide?

Unwarranted Late Fee [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Falls Church, Virginia (Fairfax County). Rent is due on the first, but we have until the 5th to pay. I dropped off the checks in the Rent Drop Box at the rental office the morning of the 5th. (a Sunday but the office is open) On Monday when I return home from work there is a late...

Should I grant someone right to use/edit my writings for a non profit organization [ 2 Answers ]

undefined I was asked by a non profit organization and individual therapist to write a letter. The topic/organization is called HABIT - Healthy Alternative and Body Image Tools. We are trying to get into elementary schools and high schools to educate kids on eating disorders. Well I ended up...

Company screwed up over membership fee [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have signed up with a company that advertises itself on TV, for a contract of 300-something dollars (~Jun-2004). Now, by about Oct-Nov I couldn't pay my membership fees (I am a student and had not had a chance to work at that time) so, I called them and told them that I want to cancel my...

View more questions Search