Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xheather3115x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Late period and low iron symptoms
    I was on birth control for a couple years because I have cysts on my ovaries. About 3 or 4 months ago I was messing them up because I could never remember to take them. I haven't got my period in about 3 months. I relate to some of the symptoms Ive been reading about iron deficiency and anemia and I had most of the symptoms for a little while now. I have no insurance and I know I should get it checked out but Im scared of them saying there's something majorly wrong with me. Also I graduated in 2006 and when I was a junior I donated blood when American Red Cross came to our school. They tested me and I had low iron but they took blood anyway and I think they said I was anemic. Would that have anything to do with me now also?:(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
    You probably are anemic.
    Are there any clinics where you live?
    Can't your parents help? Do you qualify for any health grants?
    You need to get checked before something minor does turn into something major and if your cysts aren't taken care of and are serious enough it could possibly cause you to not be able to get pregnant someday.

Try eating food with iron like beets, yams and carrots.
    You might need more vitamin B 9, B 12, and C

Iron supplements or vitamins with iron are not good because they constipate you and deplete your body of vitamin E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish wipe and 7 days late with no symptoms. [ 3 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE My girlfriend is late for her period about 7 days and she has no signs of being pregnant. We HAD protected sex, but midway through intercourse the condom split and I took it out carefully and quickly. I did not ejaculate for sure, I know about pre-. We did not continue to have sex, we...

8 Days late on my Period! NOT PREGNANT! Weird symptoms! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Linsay I am 21 years old. I have been looking through all these womens' posts who have had late periods. I am having the same problem. I have taken several pregnancy tests and they are negative. I have already had one baby and I don't feel pregnant, at least not like I did the...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

Menstrual Period and Low Iron [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have health insurance, and I haven't seen a doctor in almost 7 years. I am 19 years old, and I have a few problems, but I don't believe they are life-threatening or anything. I have not gotten my period in over 4 months. I know I'm not pregnant, and I am not obese. I do not have depression....

View more questions Search