Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brookelynn136 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Dark Brown -> Blonde
    I dyed my hair dark brown about 2 months ago. I had light brown hair and I Wanted to darken it up. Well now, I'm trying to go light blonde and it's not working. My roots are pretty darn blonde (yellowish) but the rest of my hair is MAYBE a shade lighter. Please.. how do I fix this? I need to give my scalp a break today because it felt like it was on fire. I forgot the brand I got doesn't agree with my scalp. Every other brand is good but this one made me feel like my scalp was on fire.
    Any suggestions?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 7, 2007, 07:20 AM
    If you want go from dark to light blonde, you will need to lighten your with bleach (hydrogen peroxide for hair) to a yellow stage and then apply a blonde toner. If you want a decent blonde color without the unpleasant tones, I recommend that you get your hair professionally done.
    alexishebert123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 08:07 PM
    I highlighted my haie blonde and it was spoosed to be a highlight but it look like my had been dyed but whenever you put it in a ponytail you can still see the brown with the blonde

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

I turned my pretty blonde hair into a dark brown mess! [ 4 Answers ]

I have (HAD) natuarally golden blonde hair. I wanted to go to a medium brown shade. It came out a little dark on top, but nothing I coulnt deal with, my bottom however, its almost black, dry and dead (needs to be cut), with a greenish tint to it. I absolutely hate it! I went out and bought a...

Dark blonde to brown [ 6 Answers ]

My natural hair color is a darker blonde. In January of this year I went to a stylist and had them dye my hair a darker brown. I really liked it, but it continually faded/washed out from day one... even though I bought shampoo and conditioner from the stylist for colored hair and I didn't use...

Hair dye. Dark.blonde.brown.what color mixes? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay IF you have DARK hair as in it being brownish darkish and then you want to dye it blonde and then brown like an ash brown or light brown what color should it come out? I have a dark hair color it looks brown/black and I want to dye it but I want it to come out as a light brown blondish...

Trying to get my hair from a not to dark brown to a very light blonde [ 2 Answers ]

I tried bleaching my hair from not to dark of a brown to a bright blonde (comparable to eminem, if that gives anyone a good picture of what I want). After bleaching and rebleaching the sides and back turned out to be about the blonde I wanted, but the top of my head is definitely orange. Any advice...

View more questions Search