Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2022, 04:55 AM
    Clueless tells the 82nd Airborne they are going into Ukraine
    He told them what they will see WHEN they are in Ukraine .

And you’re going to see when you’re there. And you — some — some of you have been there. You’re going to see — you’re going to see women, young people standing — standing the middle of — in front of a damn tank, just saying, “I’m not leaving. I’m holding my ground.” They’re incredible. But they take a lot of inspiration from us."
    Remarks by President Biden During Visit with Service Members of the 82nd Airborne Division | The White House

This non-admission admission was quickly addressed by the White House spin control.
    White House corrects Biden after he suggested US troops WOULD be sent to Ukraine | Daily Mail Online

Was this a senior's oldzheimer's moment or a temporary moment of candor ? Either prospect is scary
    This is why his handlers will not let him order an ice cream cone without the use of a teleprompter .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2022, 06:09 AM
    Just when we need real leadership, we have this. He does at least make Trump look better. Sadly, Taiwan is probably next.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 09:06 AM
    It's a literary device.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2022, 10:49 AM
    If that were so then the White House would've had no need to issue a clarifying retraction .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    If that were so then the White House would've had no need to issue a clarifying retraction .
    They dId because people don't learn about literary devices in school anymore and had no understanding of what he was saying. It wasn't a retraction; it was a clarification.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2022, 01:21 PM
    You think Clueless knows the difference between a "literary device " and a chocolate chip ice creme cone ? He screwed up and he had to be covered for .'

The Dems want this war going into the midterms. They want him to be able to wax poetic about brave American soldiers and their sacrifices .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 01:25 PM
    You think Clueless knows the difference between a "literary device and a chocolate chip ice creme cone ?
    Yes. He was in school a bit ahead of me and obviously learned about literary devices too. I actually smiled with joy when I heard that part of his speech.

Apparently,you haven't a clue about literary devices - or rhetorical devices.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2022, 03:10 PM
    I know he is mentally incapacitated and should give up the Presidency for the good of the country. Robert Gates said of Clueless "I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” Gates could not be more accurate .

He was not using literary flare . He blurted out a truth that his handlers did not want revealed . Why would they correct the record otherwise?
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2022, 03:19 PM
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2022, 03:37 AM
    Clueless did it again yesterday . Was it more " literary device " ;US policy ;or just the Clueless Joe gaffe of the day ? Whatever it was ,it sparked an international uproar .
    Clueless during the campaign constantly critiqued Trump for saying things off the cuff . Back then he said that President's words matter ;"They can move markets. They can send our brave men and women to war. They can bring peace.”

At the end of a half hour speech where he stuck to his handler's prepared text ,Clueless ad-libbed and called for regime change in Russia . “For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power”.

Remarks by President Biden on the United Efforts of the Free World to Support the People of Ukraine | The White House

Those 9 words by Clueless completely contradicted American policy as stated by many senior administration officials including Sec State Blinken who have repeatedly stated that regime change was not on the table of US goals.

U.S. has no strategy of regime change in Russia, Blinken says | Reuters

In fact it reversed official US policy that has been ongoing since the end of WWII ;and throughout the darkest days of the Cold War. No US president ever called for regime change in Moscow.

World leaders ,diplomats all went into panic mode and sought clarification . This forced White House officials to go into damage control . Reporters rushed to find administration officials to seek clarity .

Biden's comment that Putin can't remain in power stirs concern (usatoday.com)

One official said The president’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia or regime change” .[But many refused to give a statement because they were not clear about what the intent of the comment was .
    The last thing needed in this conflict is for Putin to dig in because he is convinced that the US goal is to drive him from office .It makes the prospect of a negotiated settlement less likely It also tells Putin that perhaps the US is looking at total victory against Russia . That has been Putin's big concern since the end of the Cold War as he watched NATO march steadily eastward .This discourages Putin from seeking compromise because for him it becomes an all or nothing proposition . The comments confirm his greatest fears .

At a minimum it signals to Putin what Clueless' true feelings and desires are . I'm sure he will use those 9 words as part of his propaganda campaign.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: “It’s not up to the President of the US and not up to the Americans to decide who will remain in power in Russia.”

Clueless' self claim to fame was his foreign policy experience ;his relationship with foreign leaders ,his ability to work towards diplomatic compromise .Those 9 words expose him for the fraud he is . He was the dumbest Senator ever . He had been the dumbest VP before Harris . Now he is the dumbest President .
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 05:22 AM
    No doubt it was another "literary device", otherwise known as a "literary blunder". Worst of all, he appealed to God!! As any good lib knows, we must keep church and state separated.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 10:14 AM
    At the end of a half hour speech where he stuck to his handler's prepared text ,Clueless ad-libbed and called for regime change in Russia . “For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power”.
    Had Trump said that while pumping his fists in the air, the crowd (and you) would have cheered!
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2022, 12:26 PM
    Trump did not say that but nice hypothetical . As with Blinken ,Mike Pompeo woud've correctly immediately walked it back .

I am schooled enough in foreign policy to realize it was a STUPID thing for a President to say so you are incorrect in assume I would've cheered it on .....and BTW Clueless's claim of great foreign policy comes into doubt with such a blunder . For you to excuse it makes me think you are the one waiving pompoms

As you see ;EVERY compliant press publication knows it was a major screw up

biden putin - Google Search
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 02:02 PM
    Trump did not say that but nice hypothetical .
    Instead, Trump kisses Putin's backside -- to cheers from the crowd.

As you see ;EVERY compliant press publication knows it was a major screw up
    As would be the case if Trump said it? NO ONE in Trump's administration ever walked back anything Trump said.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 02:25 PM
    Yep. Those "literary devices" can sure be tricky. They only seem to work for liberal dems.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yep. Those "literary devices" can sure be tricky. They only seem to work for liberal dems.
    Because liberal dems have higher IQs and paid attention in English class and weren't goofing off.

You can't even name a literary device without looking it up. Or have no clue which one Biden was using.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 03:13 PM
    If that was true, then I’d be in the same position you are in with science.

The only thing Biden was using was low IQ. I’m pretty sure that’s not a lit device.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The only thing Biden was using was low IQ. I’m pretty sure that’s not a lit device.
    Ha! You're using another literary device (you didn't realize that, did you!) to get me to tell you which one Biden used.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 03:25 PM
    Truthfulness is a lit device???

Well, I am glad to see you following my advice of sticking with grammar. Having struck out with science, it’s your best bet. Congrats!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2022, 03:40 PM
    the literary device used was unintentional statement of his true position .It is a Michael Kinsley gaffe defined as A truthful statement told accidentally, usually by a politician that exposes their true belief . I suppose in literary terms it is a faux pas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find a 82nd airborne army guy only have a pic can't remember name [ 2 Answers ]

I was stationed at damnneck in va beach va in 2006. Met this guy trying to find him but don't know his name. He was in the 82nd airborne out of fort bragg

Is it safe to take Emergen C and Airborne during preganacy? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to take Emergen C or Airborne during pregnancy?

Airborne MRSA [ 2 Answers ]

If MRSA isn't airborne then why can you get it by breathing in droplets from sneezes and coughing?

Is MRSA airborne [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Is MRSA airborne. There's a person at my husbands place of employment that was told by her Dr that she might have it on wound on her leg.

View more questions Search