Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chosen1 Posts: 60, Reputation: -7

Feb 21, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Between a rock and a hard place
    So I met this girl who's boyfriend committed suicide and she had to watch it first hand... Its been 7-8 months since his death and I think she is ready to move on... she gave me her number the other night, but I was wondering if there were any do's or Dont's with her situation... The girl lives with his parents which seems weird to me... Any advice
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Living with his parents is a bit odd - it would be a constant reminder of her dead boyfriend. But who are we to say? Perhaps together they have helped each other in the grieving process.

I would be casual and take her cues on where the disucssion goes. I would not rush anything, not expect anything, not put any demands on her, other than what you expect from any other person - the qualities of respect and honesty.

If she wants to talk about her boyfriend, you can certainly listen with an open mind and heart. If you feel you cannot, be honest with her and say so. Don't let the unspoken word get in the way.

I agree you are in a bit of a tough spot but with understanding, I think you can do well. Be a friend first. That is what is most important right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Rock/Classic Metal question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I heard this song last week on Boneyard radio station in the SF Bay area, and I'm unable to find the title and the artist through Google. I can only remember parts of the chorus, which go something like this: "Say goodbye to the land of (Archibane?), ... holding back the rain" I...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Kid rock [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Kid Rock has a well known father, but I didn't catch the name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Best place to buy hard drives in or around atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

I'm new in atlanta ga and wondering if anyone nows a low cost place to buy hardware. I look through the phone book but there are so many places I thought I would see if anyone had any insight. I usually build my own and need hard drives, processors, video cards, etc...

Punk rock [ 1 Answers ]

I'm burning a cd for Christmas but I can't seem to find songs that are punk rock. I need a list of songs that are punk/rock so I can download. If you know any please reply. Thanks. :)

View more questions Search