Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gadsden207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Credit card debt summons
    I have been served with a summons for non-payment of credit card debt. I admit the debt but am enrolled with a debt solution company who have said that they would negotiate the debt down with the credit card company. My question is how do I answer the sumons.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gadsden207 View Post
    I have been served with a summons for non-payment of credit card debt. I admit the debt but am enrolled with a debt solution company who have said that they would negotiate the debt down with the credit card company. My question is how do I answer the sumons.
    How long have you been enrolled with the debt solution company? Have they actually contacted this particular creditor? The creditor may not be interested in settling the debt.

You do have to answer the summons or a default judgment will be entered against you and the creditor will then garnish your wages, freeze your accounts, etc. in order to obtain their money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons for credit card debt [ 7 Answers ]

I contacted the lawyers for Capital One who issued me a summons for credit card debt. I offered to settle for the principal balance and they were only going to accept full payment, including interest and court costs. I am going to court to answer the summons today, but first I called the lawyers...

Summons for credit card debt [ 18 Answers ]

I received a summons for a credit card debt owed by my father who is incarcerated. He opened the account and asked for an additional card for me when I was a minor. I never signed the contract he is the only one that did as far as I know and I never gave them my social security number. I used...

Credit card debt summons [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently served a summons for a credit card debt with capital one for an account that I hadn't done anything with for over 5 years. I am supposed to file a "motion" or "answer" to the court within 30 days. What does each mean and what would be the best approach for my situation? The principal...

Summons for credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I am so desperate and so worried that I find myself seeking the help of strangers. On Friday I received a hand delivered summons to appear in court regarding a credit card debt. I have opened credit cards in the past, but I do not remember this particular bank. I also wonder if I did owe,...

Summons for Credit Card Debt [ 6 Answers ]

I received a summons to appear in pre-trail court due to $5,000 of credit card debt. I own this debt. I have a large sum of credit card debt and am considering bankruptcy. How can I avoid a trail and possible judgment? I thought about offering the company $1,000 to settle debt.

View more questions Search