Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derek2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Erection problems
    Is it true that milk and coffee can cause erection problems?

Also do foods like spinach and bananas really improve the strength of erections and can help overcome erectile dysfunction?

At present I am taking a good daily vitamin supplement (including Zinc 10mg and Magnesium (60 mg). Also EPA fish oil (2000mg per day), Damiana Leaves (900 mg per day), Burdock Root (850mg per day), Korean Ginseng (1000mg per day) and Gingko Biloba (120mg per day).

I do not drink at all and neither smoke, but ERD is blighting my relationship.

I do suffer terrible insomnia and have for many years, sleeping only 4-5 hours per night. I have read this could add to the problem so have started using herbal remedies to sleep, but so far ERD still remain.

I also suffer from Ankylosing Spondilitus and take daily Glucosamine Sulphate and Chondroitin Sulphate supplements (900 mg combined).

Can you help me with any further advice.

I have read that Horny Goat Weed could help ERD - is this true?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated, by myself and my wife(!).

Derek
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 04:42 AM
    I have never heard that milk and coffee contribute to ED. As well I have never heard that spinach or bananas help.

I am wondering if there are any other medications you are on separate from the herbal supplements you mention. This could be a key factor in that many meds cause ED, and there also may be interactions between meds and the supplements.

Have you seen a urologist for this dilemma? It may be time as ED can also be a symptom of several urological disorders.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 07:22 AM
    It can be stress, and after the first "problem" you worry more about the next time which caused again too much stress and it just snow balls

Variouis medication and actually some various vitimans or too much of some have been named ( but no real studies)

Your lack of sleep can also add to issues, and the cause of it, could also be this problem.

Job changes, job stress, too much worry about Ohio losing the big game can all cause issues.

The best thing as you mentioned is to check out medical issues.

And those little wonder pills they have out now can help, which stops a lot of the stress if that is the only issue.

I have heard good things on the HG weed but no personal experience on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erection - 15 years old [ 23 Answers ]

:-[ I'm 15 years old nearly 16 and too often I become erected, without thinking about sex or women it just happens, all the time like 10 times aday, maybe more and it often happens at the worst possible times too like out with friends or in class Is there something wrong? Please help

Erection problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 years old and am having erection problems. Me and my girlfriend have just started having sex and its been difficult. We have to use foreplay to get me erected,usually oral pleasure. After I'm erected it usually doesn't last that long after I put the condom on. Its not that hard to get an...

Too frequent erection! [ 26 Answers ]

Hi Well I've scoured the internet and I can't find help with my problem. Basially I am 28 years old and find that I get too easily sexually aroused! I'm expecting all the following posts to say that I am lucky but it is actually a real problem. I go swimming a lot now to get used to being around...

View more questions Search