Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jill5475 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Dismissed DUi/Reentry US with adjust of status
    Hi, I have been arrested for DUI 2008 but the case was dismissed and dropped. I got married with citizen on Nov of 2010 and apply for adjust of status. I already receive the work permit card and travel doc form-131. Am I able to go visit my home country before the initial interview (about an month later)? Will there be a problem because of my dismissed DUI case two years ago?

Thank you very much
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Feb 18, 2011, 07:32 PM

Should not be a problem with the DUI as it was dismissed, you should confirm that you are otherwise eligible to travel, if you have other immigration violations or arrests, etc. even if you have an advance parole, it does not mean it is safe for you to travel. The USCIS issues them without necessarily checking to see if your travel out triggers any bars.

From a practical point of view. If you can delay your trip until after you get your PR card, it will be much better.
    jill5475 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 07:54 PM
    Comment on NYcityboy's post
    Thanks NYsityboy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dismissed or not dismissed? [ 2 Answers ]

Good pm. I want to ask few questions... if case has been dismissed and other party's lawyer wrote a letter stating they wrongly dismissed the case, is this possible? Thanks

I need to adjust the throttle speed on a Wizard lawnmower.can't find way 2 adjust,help [ 0 Answers ]

Wizard Quatium XTE 1/c 6 hp lawnmower. I can't find where the throttle screw is. If anyone knows how, please, greatly appreciated.

Marrying us citizen, adjust status with son [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so I'm going to marry a u.s citizen and I have overstayed so I'm going to adjust my status. As well as my son's. But he is almost 18, he will be 18 in July, and we will probably marry in may or June, is it going to be too late for him to adjust? And do I need to have a valid passport for...

Can I get a dui ticket in nj dismissed for wrong birthdate [ 3 Answers ]

I got a dui in nj but the birthdate is wrong on the ticket. Could this dismiss the ticket?

Reentry after deportation [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was deported 2 weeks ago, has been here for 3 yrs this year.never committed any crime while here, and our baby is due in 2 mts. I am very high risk pregnancy and dr is requestion he be here for the birth of our baby shoulod serious problems arise... can this be possible as well for my...

View more questions Search