Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conchasjim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Maytag gas dryer---LPG or Natural gas
    I bought a used gas Maytag Neptune md. # MDG4000AWW. I want to use it with natural gas, but I noticed a sticker applied by the model number tag that says it is converted to propane gas. Can I still use this with natural gas, or do I need to change the oriface? How can I tell what oriface it does have? Thanks
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 05:24 PM
    In every gas burner there is an insert that sets the air-gas mixture.
    There are inserts for any type of gas.
    Take one out and bring it to a supplier of spare parts for this kind of equipment and get the proper inserts for the gas type you want to use.

Success !

:)
    conchasjim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 10:21 PM
    OK, Thanks I'll check into that. I had a friend come over and we put a water column meter on the gas valve. Set it to the proper setting, and the dryer seems to burn and heat good. But, I'll check the orifice also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting dryer to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a dryer that was converted to propane gas. There were 2 orifices that came with the dryer to convert it back to natural gas. I was wondering which one I need to use to do this. One orifice has a hole coming from top to bottom. The other has a hole coming from the side to the bottom. Maybe...

Need to chang natural gas dryer to propane gas [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all new to the group. I have a question about turing a natural gas dryer to propane gas. The dryer model is an LG. The instruction manual does not show how to get to the existing gas orifice. Can any one help. Thanks. Joe

Dryer conversion LP to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool dryer-model LGR7646EQ2. It was converted from natural gas to LP. I need to convert back to natural gas. I have the conversion kit, but have not yet completely taken the gas valve out. Where can I find info on how to do conversion?

Converting propane to natural dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can you convert a propane dryer to natural gas?

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

View more questions Search