Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeterP Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 03:45 PM
    My boiler stops working intermittently - OK after reset?
    I have a Weil McLain boiler and for the last two days after the thermostat turned on the boiler did not until I reset the power in the boiler. Why is this happening ?

Two months ago I replaced the thermo cutoff fuse (thermo rollout) because it went bad. I replaced the same part last heating season. I think the rollout switch maybe going bad again. What can be causing this?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Contact Weil McLain company. You have a rollout problem. They might not be able to help you directly but they can guide you to a qualified repair person.The problem needs to be solved and that does not include replacing the same parts every six months.

More than likely a flue/chimney/draft problem. It could also be a gas pressure adjustment (over fire situation) Nothing to play with.
    PeterP Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Contact Weil McLain company. You have a rollout problem. They might not be able to help you directly but they can guide you to a qualified repair person.The problem needs to be solved and that does not include replacing the same parts every six months.

More than likely a flue/chimney/draft problem. It could also be a gas pressure adjustment (over fire situation) Nothing to play with.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the water line, but haven't been able to identify the problem. The...

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

RUDD 10 SEER AC fan working intermittently [ 2 Answers ]

I have a RUUD 10 SEER AC outside unit. The AC repairman put in a capacitator temporarily so that the unit would still work that had more OHM. I asked about this because I was concerned that this could cause damage. He assured me that it would not as the original capacitator was not available and...

Fan motor intermittently stops [ 2 Answers ]

I found the problem when my ac lines froze... I checked the filter and A coils for dirt restricting air flow... all was clear. I then noticed when the ac unit is running the fan would quit running will the AC unit continued running. I then shut the air off and set the thermostat to fan ( so the...

View more questions Search