Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lartsai Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
    Burnham boiler autofill pressure low
    I have a Burnham series 2 boiler FHW system. Today I tried to purge one of the zones. The boiler was at temperature, I turned on the pump for the zone, shut off the return valve for the zone, and opened the drain valve. After a few gallons had flushed out, there was a lot of shaking and the flow stopped. The fill gauge on the boiler was at zero and there was no heat going anywhere. After about 30 minutes of thinking I had done something terribly wrong, the fill pressure started to rise again, and everything went back to normal. Is this normal, did I do something wrong, or is there a problem with the boiler's autofill?

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about my burnham boiler? [ 3 Answers ]

My burnham v8 series oil-fired boiler is losing water from somewhere,cant find any leaks,the automatic waterfill is not filling the system,I have to add water every other day,what could be wrong with it,I can't afford another one

Burnham jubilee boiler [ 5 Answers ]

Have a1960'S burnham jubilee boiler, turns on but house doesn't heat up. Pressure gauge reads nothing. What could be problem. How to fix?

Burnham series2a gas boiler [ 0 Answers ]

When I light my pilot it fires the system fine for about 20-30 minutes, then the pilot goes out and I'm back to step one. Any suggestions ( replaced the thermal couple last year).

My burnham series 2 (model B)gas boiler won't build pressure [ 3 Answers ]

My burnham series 2 (model B)gas boiler won't build pressure. Installed a new thermostat and now the pressure won't build up to circulate the water. Any ideas?

Circulator for Burnham boiler [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an old house with a Burnham Jubilee boiler. It most be at least 40 years old but checked out fine when I had it cleaned out and serviced. My system has one circulator and three zones. A honeywell aquastat L8024 controls everything. Lately I've noticed that the circulator is running...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.