Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrbnemham Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 01:38 PM
    Accepting money
    Someone called my work place saying that I had accepted money from a client (homecare) which is not allowed undeany circumstances. Took neme off the schedule and asked me to come to the office tomorrow and they would have the investigation complet by then. I didn't take the money what do I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 19, 2013, 01:45 PM
    Go "in" tomorrow and find out who accused you and exactly what they said as well as what "their" proof is.

Explain that you didn't take anything

If you don't go "in" you will probably lose your job.

May 19, 2013, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Go "in" tomorrow and find out who accused you and exactly what they said as well as what "their" proof is.

Explain that you didn't take anythin

If you don't go "in" you will probably lose your job.
    I don't care if I lose my job I have already for a different one that will give better hours. I just don't want to go to jail or anything if they somehow found something but I know I didn't do anything
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 19, 2013, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wrbnemham View Post
    I don't care if I lose my job I have already for a different one that will give better hours. I just don't want to go to jail or anything if they somehow found something but I know I didn't do anything
    This is the company's rules, not the law. They can make rules that, if not followed, will lead to your termination. That doesn't make it a criminal offense.

Even if you did work for someone off the books (which is how I'm reading your post) and you were paid for that work, against company policy, you won't go to jail for that. You will lose your job, because you went against company policy, and they will give you a bad review if you use them as a reference for future employment, but you won't go to jail for this.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Your company may or may not be deciding whether to press charges or recommend pressing charges. It varies.

If there is nothing to find, how will they "find something"? I just don't want to go to jail or anything if they somehow found something... "

Keep in mind that if you don't offer an explanation it will very possibly affect your references.

Are you licensed?

May 19, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Your company may or may not be deciding whether to press charges or recommend pressing charges. It varies.

If there is nothing to find, how will they "find something"? I just don't want to go to jail or anything if they somehow found something ..."

Keep in mind that if you don't offer an explanation it will very possibly ffect your references.

Are you licensed?

I just assist with daily activity and if a client offers any Monet for whatever reason, say you need gas or something you can not accept it and they are saying they got a call that I told someone that I did. If they ask the client "did you give her money" she's going to say no
    Uber Member

May 19, 2013, 02:38 PM
    Who made the call if the client didn't offer you money and if you didn't take money from the client?

If the client never offered you have nothing to worry about.

May 19, 2013, 02:42 PM
    This women is quite old and if she is lead to believe that money might be missing she is not going to know the difference if she had so much or not if they ask her about her money. She can barely remember to take medications she has take for years
    Uber Member

May 19, 2013, 03:18 PM
    " If they ask the client "did you give her money" she's going to say no"

I think you are answering both yes and no to the same questions. You are making me doubt you.

Either go to the meeting or don't go - the alternatives have been explained to you.

Your choice (of course).
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 19, 2013, 03:19 PM
    This women is quite old and if she is lead to believe that money might be missing she is not going to know the difference if she had so much or not if they ask her about her money. She can barely remember to take medications she has take for years
    Wait a minute. You are saying two different things here.

First, you said you were accused of accepting money from the client. In other words, you suggested that she was reported to have voluntarily and knowingly given it to you. If that were the case, it could be cause for termination if true (pursuant to what you said are the company rules), but would not be a criminal act.

But now you are suggesting that you might be accused of taking it without permission; theft in other words. That would be a crime if proven.

May 19, 2013, 03:41 PM
    I'm just saying that someone called the office and asked "did _____ give you any money" I said no she didn't give me anything cause in black and white in the had book or says we cannot accept any gifts (I.e money jewelry clothes) and I know this. I don't know what this investigation includes other then asking the person if she gave me money. But if this women is lead to believe that money might have been taken she wouldn't be able to know how much she has. I don't know what they are doing I just know what was said to me about the call. I wouldn't jeopardize my job I have a child to care for, granted I have another one I can go to.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 19, 2013, 06:39 PM
    '... say you need gas or something you can not accept it and they are saying they got a call that I told someone that I did. If they ask the client "did you give her money" she's going to say no.'

Ummm.. hmm. This just sounds sort of like putting your foot in your mouth to me. It has a sound of someone who was counting on a (forgetful) client to remember that she promised to say nothing about giving money, but she forgot and said something!

May 19, 2013, 06:59 PM
    You guys can believe what you want as well as the company I work for. I know I did not accept the money I'm just worried of what could happen if she misplaced money or forgot she spent some. I'm not the I ly person that

May 19, 2013, 07:00 PM
    I'm not the only person that works with her through the week so who knows if she spent money and forgot about it and then it looks like I got money from her that's all I'm saying
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2013, 07:06 PM
    I'm not the only person that works with her thru the week so who knows if she spent money and forgot about it and then it looks like I got money from her that's all I'm saying
    It boils down to her word against yours? Does she have any reason to be unhappy with you from something that happened when you were at her house in the past? Does she have Alzheimer's or is senile?

May 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
    I can not discus anything medical. I don't believe she has any reason to be unhappy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2013, 07:28 PM
    I can not discus anything medical. I don't believe she has any reason to be unhappy
    I was asking, not for me to know, but for you to think about
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

May 19, 2013, 08:05 PM
    If you didn't do anything wrong, you should have NOTHING to worry about.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2013, 08:16 PM
    You are having difficulty explaining your story here and you will probably have much more difficulty in a meeting with your employer. Don't try to explain anything. If you didn't take or accept anything, go to the meeting and say exactly that. Don't start trying to produce a lot of theories about how all this could have happened. You do not do a good job at explaining.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2013, 07:25 AM
    I'm an investigator - there are way too many "but ifs" in your story - and I do believe it's a story.

Her mental condition will be taken into consideration. You cannot give medical info on an anonymous board about someone we don't know by name in a State - well, we don't know where you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truly accepting that's its over. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so where to begin. Uhm well my ex and I broke up after 3 years of an off/on thing (max time together 2 years at one time. We were fairly young at the time, I was 12 he 13( ik what your thinking, I'm too young to know what love is but I really did feel it) and when we were together nothing else...

Moving on and accepting [ 10 Answers ]

Hi (I'd like to thank people for their help in advance, I'm very grateful to you for listening). My problem is an odd one and I'm mostly sharing my problem because I feel an emotional need to; hopefully I can explain fully. I've been living with three guys for the past two years while in...

Alternatives when accepting money [ 1 Answers ]

What if three alternatives where offered, which one would you accept? Assuming you could earn 11% annually.. 1. 10,000 now 2. 2,000 a year for eight years 3. 24,000 at the end of eight years Would your answer change if you could receive 12% annually? Why? Or why not?

Accepting it's over. [ 13 Answers ]

I was dumped about 2 weeks ago, and I'm having trouble with stage one of a break up: accepting that she is not coming back. Anyone have any tips on how to move on from this "waiting" stage? Is it still TOO early to move on for me and normal to still have this "waiting" state of mind? Any...

Accepting Androids [ 11 Answers ]

How would you feel associating with an Android who was virtually indistinguishable from human? I recently read in Scientific American Magazine concerning the psychological reaction people have when in the presence of a machine which is striving to mimic not only human thought processes but also...

View more questions Search