Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandonsgirl36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Could I have cervical cancer at 16?
    I have not had a period in 3 almost 4 months, I am sexually active but I have no symptoms and I took 3 pee tests at my doctors and they all come back negative. I get this yellow discharge and my skin is very soft and I feel like I'm going to pass out any minute but I can't sleep. I have no idea what is wrong could I be pregnant? My doctor did a pap on me she says I have ASCUS. And she is taking it to a special lab... I'm only 16 what do I do? Could I be pregnant? Or could I even have cervical cancer at this age?

If you know anything please E-mail me at
    Any info will help
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
    If you were pregnant, it's only a very simple blood test that your doctor could easily do. She would be able to rule out pregnancy straight away.

I think you should wait for her tests to come back. We can't really give medical advice as we don't have all the information that your doctor has. Please be patient with her, I'm sure she's doing her very best.

If you have more questions, she will always be the best person to ask. She knows your medical history, and she knows how to interpret the tests in relation to your body.

I hope this puts your mind at ease a little. You could always ask to see a second doctor if you want a second opinion. But wait for the test to come through.

Good luck, I do hope that it isn't cancer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Cappy is right for the most part. But you say you are sexually active. Do you use protection? Could you have contracted an STD?

Typically ASCUS clears on it's own. ASCUS = Atypical Squamous Cell of Undetermined Significance.

It could be something as minor as a simple inflammation or something like HPV. Your doctor wants to send this out so that she knows exactly how to treat you. I have had this before and it was nothing. Most likely you had a virus recently and it just "settled" into your cerivcal area. You will have to repeat the PAP in 6 months. But it should be of little concern.

I am quite certain this is not cancer, that would have shown up differently than ASCUS.
    want_to_know Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
    ASCUS could be anything. First they should give you another pap in a few months to see if the cells are back to normal. If not the might do a repeat after several months again or offer a biopsy. It could be anything from inflammation, douches, sex, or anything that was bascially put in the vagina or any irritation to the vagina within 48 hours prior to the test. It could be possible to have hpv and if that's the case that could be minor depending on the strain. If the strain is minor hpv can actually clear up on its own that the reason for the repeat paps to monitor the changes.
    I'm having about the same problem to! Maybe someone can help me. I was pregnant and had a pap and it was negative. The doc never mentioned it and then when I went for my 6 week check up they said the wanted to do another one and I knew that wasn't routine for a 6 week checkup so I asked what's up, why, basically. The doc told me I had ASCUS benign what does that mean? Anyone know? And I believe he said not cancerous? Well that pap came back abnormal and I think but not sure I just got over bleeding like 1 day before that test could that be the problem? Two more days and doc appt. If everything is normal should I get that gardisil shot? I'm 28.
    yolanda99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 03:58 PM
    My papsmear came back I have ascus and my period is late and my nipple or tender but it would be to early to determine if I am pregnant but could pregnancy be the cause of ascus oh and I had took this papsmear a month ago and I was like a day or two off my period could that as well cause this ascus

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy and cervical cancer [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abnormal pap in my current pregnancy.I am now almost 24 weeks, and I'm scheduled to go and get a colposcopy, and maybe a biopsy also. I am very worried about how this will affect my pregnancy. I have had 2 premature deliveries, and am now pregnant with twins! Will having these things done...

Cervical cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told by my doctor that I may have cervical cancer. They are going to check me with a scope next week and then do a biopsy after I have the baby. Will the baby be okay? Has anyone else had this problem. Oh, and I am 22 if that matters.

Cervical cancer [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get cervical cancer post partial hysterectomy? I still have my cervix

Cervical fluid [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble distinguishing wet/sticky creamy, etc... I have an estimated fertile time of thurs June 9, 10, 11, with possible o on 12th. I am seeing signs of approaching o in my cervical fluid. I have been dry as the desert until today. They say you start sticky, then creamy, then wet...

View more questions Search