Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamgames001 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Wet Vent Determination
    I am reworking my master bath and will not have a convenient location to vent my bath tub. I understand that if the bath waste pipe goes directly into the waste stack that it is considered wet and does not need to be vented. Is my understanding correct? If yes and pipes are not exposed, what is the easiest way for me to determine if my waste pipe is wet? If I am unable to determine if I have a wet vent, or if I do not have a wet vent, then the nearest vent location is roughly 8 feet downstream. Are there any issues with venting 8 feet downstream?

Thanks

Adam
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 9, 2007, 04:21 PM
    If your waste stack is dry,( nothing draining from above) it then becomes a vent stack and you may discharge the tub into it.
    The inspector will call you on a 2" drain that's 8 feet from trap to vent and growler will be unhappy but if you're not going to get it inspected then go for it.
    As a rule we wet vent out tubs by connecting the tub drain into the lavatory drain. Good lick, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper Vent Size & Wet Venting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an old house (100-years) and have a couple of questions about venting. Here's the details of each floor: Basement - washer & utility sink, / shower, sink, & toilet 1st Floor - kitchen sink, garbage disposal, & dishwasher / sink & toilet 2nd Floor - tub, sink, & toilet My...

Wet Vent Lav with Shower Vent [ 1 Answers ]

You mention many times that you can wet vent your shower by attaching it to your vented lav drain. Are there any problems doing it the other way around, venting your lav by attaching it to your vented shower drain?

Dry vent used as wet vent [ 7 Answers ]

I have a basement bathroom and an upstairs bathroom... speedball1 you stated in one of your questions answered "Yes, but you must realize that once you drain the fixtures from the upstairs bath into it that it will no longer be a vent from that point down . It then becomes a stack and every...

Basement wet-bar vent [ 2 Answers ]

My basement is finished w/ 1/2 bath & wet bar. Bathroom sink drains to the rough-in meant for shower drain (long story). On other side of wall, wet bar drains into the same drain as the bathroom sink. Both sinks have their own p-traps (plus the rough-in trap under concrete), but neither has...

View more questions Search