Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aviator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 04:20 PM
    plane trigonometry
    I have tried to solve these but with no luck.:confused:

1). Find the area of the following triangles: (Use Logarithms)

a. a=12.7, b=21.5, and c=28.6.
    b. c=426, A=45°48'36", and B=61°2'13"
    c. An isosceles triangle in which each of the equal sides is 14.72 in.and the vertex angle is 47°28'.

2). Find the radius of the inscribed circle and the radius of the circumscribed circle for the triangle in part a of question 1.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aviator
    I have tried to solve these but with no luck.:confused:

1). Find the area of the following triangles: (Use Logarithms)

a. a=12.7, b=21.5, and c=28.6.
    b. c=426, A=45°48'36", and B=61°2'13"
    c. An isosceles triangle in which each of the equal sides is 14.72 in.and the vertex angle is 47°28'.

2). Find the radius of the inscribed circle and the radius of the circumscribed circle for the triangle in part a of question 1.
    1a: Use Heron's formula,

A=sqrt(s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c)), where s=semiperimeter.

1c: The area of an isosceles is given by the formula, 1/2r^2sin(theta).

In your case, 1/2(14.72)^2sin(712/15)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inclined plane [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how to calculate force transferred from the perpendicular to horizontal assuming zero friction. Example: 10 pounds of verticle force applied to a 30 degree plane will move the plane horizontally with how much force? Or to put it another way, how much force is lost in the example, and...

Dryice (co2) on air plane [ 1 Answers ]

Do they , gov and airlines, allow checked baggage with dryice on domestic flight ? Thanks

80's plane movie, need help [ 3 Answers ]

I need help with this film, in this time were several army pilots and crashed their plane but all of them survived apparently. Then all of them noticed that they had buried under the plane and they were just a spirits and only when somebody find their bodies, they will be able to disappear at the...

Movie starting with bottle being dropped out of a plane window by pilot? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Anyone know the name of a Movie starting with bottle being dropped out of a plane window by pilot? It was a glass cola bottle and he drops it in the desert. Think it was Australia as some tribe men find it and don't know what it is and argue about what to use it for and the story goes from...

View more questions Search