Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocky1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Right to appear in court before a default judgment is entered against me
    Do I have the right to appear in court before a default judgment is entered against me
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 08:15 AM

Yes UNLESS it is a pay day or similar loan where you sign that the Judgment is automatic if you do not pay.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 02:26 PM

Did you file a written answer in a timely manner?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 02:51 PM

You will be served notice of this and have the right to answer. Have you already been served, is there a judgement in place

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the next step after the court has entered you into a default judgement ? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in AZ and have just received a default judgement for a credit card that I missed payments on for the past 8 months. I was never served papers, nor did anyone ever come to my house, nor have I received any correspondence in the mail to go to court until the actual default judgement. I know...

Default judgement entered against me [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully a simple question here. I needed some emrgency work done on our house last year and called in a plumber. He started the work, left it undone, then came back after 3 weeks (when I wasn't home) and completed it. I called him about an invoice and didn't receive an answer until a bill came in...

A default has been entered in my favor. What do I do next in order to collect in NJ. [ 1 Answers ]

I am acting pro-se but have limited knowledge of civil law in NJ. I need to know what steps I need to take to collect on the judgment.

Judgment entered against me but pretty sure SOL has run [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend received a letter today that a judgment has been entered against him for a credit card debt. He ignored the previous letters and probably threw away the summons not realizing what it was (he has a lot of growing up to do obviously). However, the SOL in New York is 6 years and he...

Judgement Default Entered Against me. [ 12 Answers ]

I was served a summons and complaint in March, 2008. My daughter was very sick and I didn't file the answer (which I did prepare) due to numerous doctor visits. At the same time, I my temp position ended. So, I was then on unemployment and looking for work. I obtained work in April 2008. ...

View more questions Search