Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iralf02 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Scholarships/aid for hispanic student
    I am puerto rican and live in us and do not qualify for financial aid because they say that my parents and I make too much money for me to get grants and I'm too young to file independent, I still live under my parents roof but I have bills to pay and with what I make it's hard to stretch full time school also, can anyone give me some ideas on how I can get help, thanks
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Jul 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iralf02
    I am puerto rican and live in us and do not qualify for financial aid because they say that my parents and i make too much money for me to get grants and i'm too young to file independent, i still live under my parents roof but i have bills to pay and with what i make it's hard to stretch full time school also, can anyone give me some ideas on how i can get help, thanks
    Go to Google and do a search for scholarship there are thousands out there. Try: Scholarships.com Free College Scholarship Search, Student Loans & College Scholarships to start and then keep searching. Even though you have your own bills to pay you are considered a dependent on your parents for Financial Aid purposes until you are 24, especially since you live at home. So you are going to have to look into scholarships and alternative loans. Good luck.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Maybe you could look into minority scholarships; colleges love diversity!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial aid / scholarships for felons? [ 1 Answers ]

What, if any, financial aid or scholarships are available for a recently released felon?

Looking for aid [ 1 Answers ]

Here the sitch: My fiancé and I just signed a lease for an apartment but she is worried that we won't be able to pay the rest of the depoist plus the month rent before we move in is there any help out there in the state of Wisconsin county of pierce besides west cap

Is Brian Kilmeade Hispanic? [ 2 Answers ]

He anchors along with Steve Doocy (l.), and female anchor E.D. Hill on the early morning Fox News program on TV.

Financial aid apeals [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on writing an apeal letter for a grant or scholarship. Help me please thanks!

Do I still qualify for studentfinancial aid [ 2 Answers ]

I went to school in 1997 on financial aid dropped out and the loans are paid off . How can I find out my standing. My situation now is that I am homeless and a mother of three do I qualify for anything else .I am also full blooded american indian sioux. I really would like to return to school can...

View more questions Search