Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tslone26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Philips TV Picture rolling behind itself
    I have a Philips flatscreen TV and at the top of the TV the picture is starting to roll behind itself. There is a black bar at the top of the screen with several horizontal lines where the picture flips upside down and can be seen in the background. Does any one have any idea what I can do to fix this?
    anet Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 07:22 PM
    I think you should give it to museum. Just kidding, But I do work for satellite TV Company and your TV problem sound serious. You may have to return it so they can trouble shoot it for you. But I don't think you can fix this at home since it must be related with software.
    wonderfurnace Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2008, 05:16 PM
    This is a common problem. There are electronic devices inside the television that go bad over time. The cause of your set's problem is very likely due to some electrolytic capacitors drying up in the scanning circuitry. Again this is very common, and usually happens when the set is many years old.

I have a set that I purchased at Sears back in 1989 and last year it did the same thing. With analog television going away in February 2008, I didn't want to by another television rite now (this one is in my son's room) so I chose to repair it. I replaced the capacitors in the horizontal and vertical output sections, and now it is as good as new.

It is hard to find a repair shop these days to repair televisions, since they are so cheap to buy, but if you could find one, the repair would only take about an hour, and the parts would be very cheap. Repairing my own only cost me about $5 for the parts themselves.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philips projection TV [ 4 Answers ]

I need help or information to help me fix my philips projection TV, the color is all messed up, the whites are too bright and the other colors are only purple and pink... :( :o Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this? Thank you for any information..

Connecting RCA Tv picture in picture with components [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up a RCA TV (with picture in a picture feature active) Direct Tv satelitte receiver, vcr, colby dvd player? We have had the RCA Tv for some time but never used the picture in a picture feature cause we did not know how to do this. I know you have to have a vcr in order to do it....

View more questions Search