Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Jun 23, 2010, 01:30 PM
    Hotpoint refigerator
    OK I will try and give as much info as possible. I have a hot point refigerator Model # CTX14CABJRWW. The unit does not cool. Compressor does not come on at all. I direct tested the compressor and it ran fine. I ohmed out the relay 2.12 ohms. I advanced the defrost cycle and the fans came on. I am assuming it is either the relay or overlaod protector. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Condenser coils are clean and I vacumed everything.

Thanks
    shulta44
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shulta44 View Post
    OK I will try and give as much info as possible. I have a hot point refigerator Model # CTX14CABJRWW. The unit does not cool. Compressor does not come on at all. I direct tested the compressor and it ran fine. I ohmed out the relay 2.12 ohms. I advanced the defrost cycle and the fans came on. I am assuming it is either the relay or overlaod protector. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Condensor coils are clean and I vacumed everything.

Thanks
    shulta44
    Have you jumped out the cold control. Since the compressor will run the relay must be good so the simple to test cold control would be next. Actually it would have been my first item of choice for testing.

Item 300 on the diagram.
    Attached Images

shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Jun 23, 2010, 06:03 PM

Sorry,I did jump it out. Still no compressor. The relay was not in when I started the compressor. I removed the relay and the overload protector and direct tested with a cord.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag refigerator icemaker [ 0 Answers ]

Our 'french door' Maytag frig #MBL6256KES has stopped making ice cubes. Not sure what to do.

Kenmore side by side refigerator ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a kenmore side by side refigerator, and the ice maker stopped working. The water dispenser works, but not the ice maker. Anyone knows what the problem might be? Thanks in advance

Need to clean coils under refigerator [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Amana side by side refigerator and the coils underneath it are dirty. I tried to vacuum and use the cleaning brush but there is a metal grate that blocks it from being completely cleaned. How can I remove this grate or clean behind it?

Whirlpool side by side refigerator model #GF6NFEXRB00 [ 2 Answers ]

The bottom of my freezer has had a lot of ice , it seems like it's coming from some type of back-bottom vent. So i remove it, but now my fridge is not getting cold anymore! This frigerator is only 18 months old! What could this be?

View more questions Search