Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miriamgalvez22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Very sad over my on going struggle with getting pregnant.
    Hello,
    Hope all of you are doing well! My name is miriam and I am new at this and I will be 35 yrs old next month. I am married to my high school sweet heart and we have three girls from 17, 12, and six. Over the last four months I have been trying to get pregnant. I had a pap in January came back fine my doctor said I should be pregnant right away. I have tried predictors, charts, clanders after the 14-16 day etc. I use to be so fertile that all three of my girls were from the pill so the last one I got an iud, now I think because I will be 35 yrs old next month I am to old. Also some odd reason my period has never been late ever or I was 100% pregnant! Also my cycle changed last year from 28-30 days to 35-37 days. So does that 14 day from your first day of bleeding still apply to me! I am so confussed! The web really does not say much on ovulation on a 35 day cycle.
    This is what I am going through right now! My last period was 4/13/08(first day) which would have me ovulating on 4/27-5/4.. Well we had sex every night. My period is 35 days later would have been 5/17/-5/18 well still no period and three pregnancy test came back back negative.
    I feel like I am going crazy this was so easy before and we really want a little boy. Has anyone gone through this and been pregnant or am I just to old to try to have kids
    Please help I am getting deppressed over this and even crying I just do not understand why no period but no baby either.

** I will be up waiting for an answer!! Thanks, as you can tell this is my first time doing this!:( :(
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

May 21, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Welcome Miriam... I am young and do not have any kids, but me and my husband are perfectly heatlhy as far as we know. It was been 10 months for us of tears, negative test and lots and lots of trying and we are still not pregnant. They say that it can take 12-18 months before a healthy couple can conceive. I have used the calendars, charts, BBT, timing, all that too, and trust me I know that it is difficult but be patient, (I have to remind myself of that everyday) and just know that when the time is right you and your hubby will conceive! Good Luck, keep us posted!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Your age may or may not be a factor... fertility does start to decline, but many women do become pregnant in their 30's. Four months is not a long time to be trying, although I know it will feel that way when you are really wanting to be pregnant. Even more frustrating is knowing that is was so easy the other times and now it's not. Being almost 35, odds are your doctor will consider some further testing after you have tried unsuccessfully for about 6 months. Certainly it would be wise to ask about having the testing done, for both you and your husband.
    The idea of ovulating 14 days after your period does not hold true for many women, and trying for that particular time can cause you to miss it altogether. The rough guide is about 12 -16 days before the next period is due, regardless of the length of your cycle. But even this is an average and many women will naturally ovulate sooner or later.

If you haven't had success, and not everyone does, with the ovulation predictor kits, try starting them sooner than what is suggested on the directions. If you and your husband are able, you might consider having sex every other day or every third day throughout the month... then, several days before you think you will likely ovulate, make sure you have a few extra "sessions" in for good measure right through to a couple of days afterwards. Timing is only one aspect of achieving pregnancy, hence why there is only roughly about a 20-25% chance of becoming pregnant in any one cycle.
    Hope things happen soon for you!
    lisap024 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

May 21, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Well, each of your others were while you were on birth control right so you have no idea how long it took to conceive with them. Just be patient. If it is supposed to happen it will. My current partner never conceived after being with his ex with no protection for two years. You just never know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really confused pregnant. Or not pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm really confused.. I remember having a period mid week of Jan. I didn't have a period for the month of Feb. I'm normally regular and have a 28-30 day cycle. I have unprotected sex for the months of Jan and Feb. today March 17 I noticed there was light tan brown on the tissue I used. I've...

10 year old girl - chores struggle - attitude - step dad. [ 2 Answers ]

Seems to be these pre teen years are quite a struggle. I try to pick my battles, create a positive environment etc. My daughter is 10 going on 17. We struggle about doing chores and mostly her attitude and tone. I try to implement structure and routine. I've always parented her in a friends first...

What is everyone's biggest struggle? [ 25 Answers ]

I've been working on a book for about 6 years now. Why 6 years, you ask? Is it because the book is so fantastical that it required 6 years to write it? No, it's taken me 6 years because I'm somewhat lazy and because my creativity comes in waves. But regardless, I'm getting down to the final...

My Best Friend and the struggle [ 1 Answers ]

A girl Janice and I have been best friends. We grew up together in the hard streets of Harlem, NYC.(If you want to know more about the hardness we faced look on my profile and read my previous posts) She has diabetes, a drug addict mother just like me, she's been raped just like me and we've been...

I can't get pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying 4 baby 4 about a yr now ime only 16 yrs old bt there you go.my mum finks were trying 2 hard.does eny1 no wats wrong with me help me please:(

View more questions Search