Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJHahn15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Uncontrollable Emotion
    I am a 62 yr old man in good health except for one thing. Over the last few months whenever I see something on television whether it be happy or sad I have to fight back tears of joy or sadness. I try so hard my mouth starts to quiver. It's even more alarming is oftentimes reasons are trivial. e.g. someone winning on a game show, or regularly scheduled shows with up and down short story lines. I have never had this before and I know this is not about what I watch on television. At least I believe T V may trigger the symptons but certainly is not the cause.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
    I'm in your age group and have noticed the same thing. I am wondering if it has to do with our age and hormones changing. And yes, I'm female and supposedly more emotional, but I used to be tough and could detach very well. Well, not right now. My eyes can well up during commercials and at the weirdest times.

You might want to ask your doctor about this. There could be an endocrine/hormone problem, such as an increase in estrogen. I'm not a doctor, so don't know if that can be caused by any specific disease. It's worth checking out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uncontrollable dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog wants to fight every dog in the street

Uncontrollable shivering? [ 10 Answers ]

Is there something wrong with me because out of no where, I shiver. My body shakes and it looks like I am dancing but it happens even when I am not cold. Its embarrassing and Im not sure if it is an actual problem or a lot of people also shiver.

Uncontrollable orgasms [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very sensitive problem. On two different occasions, I've had an unwanted orgasm in public. The first time, I was chatted up by a pretty girl in a bookstore (fortunately, it happened after she left the store, not while I was talking to her). The second time was on a crowded subway because...

Uncontrollable jealousy.but it's not what you might think [ 9 Answers ]

I know some of you are looking at this topic and going "some crazy wife, jealous over her husband" No that isn't it. My husband was married to someone before me. He had a child with her, or at least he thinks it's his, she got pregnant BEFORE they got married. The military, which they are both...

Uncontrollable [ 3 Answers ]

My situation started in May 2007. I am in my late 40's and my boyfriend (in his early 40's), now fiancé had gone to meet my family at a birthday family function. He was very enticed with my sister's best friend. It really hurt. His head spinned around like it was going to fall off. It was...

View more questions Search