Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firefighter29644 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Married Woman, Boyfriend Parental Rights
    My wife of 17 years had an affair last year and is pregnant. The boyfriend knows all about the pregnancy and is demanding that the baby have his last name even though my wife is still legally married.
    Now, I don't need to hear about leaving her. We have been separated for over 10 months and have been seeking counseling during that time. We are working on our marriage to determine if there is a future for us.
    She is the one not wanting his last name attached to this little girl. This is occurring in South Carolina.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
    He can petition in court for it, it will be up to family court if the two people can not agree.

You need to get a good family court attorney

If he is the father, he will get visitation rights, some custody rights and the such, so you may as well try and work things out, you will be seeing him for the next 20 years
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2007, 11:11 AM
    A peternity test is needed. But he has every right to exercise his parental rights. I don't think he can force that the birth certificate have his last name, but he can force a hyphenated named.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with a married woman [ 6 Answers ]

I have known a woman for about the last 10 years. She is a neighbour however we met in a sports/social environment. Over the last 2 years I have fallen in love with her. I think about her all the time and have had some hard times getting through nights, handling the situation and thinking about...

My boyfriend doesn't have parental rights [ 5 Answers ]

:mad: -My boyfriend has recently told me that he doesn't have parental rights for his 8 year old little girl. He is currently paying child support and really wants to be able to see his child when he wants and not when his child's mother says its okay. What kinds of rights does he have in this...

Why boyfriend left me for a woman in another state. [ 7 Answers ]

I am devastated that a guy who I have been in a relationship for almost two years with and had been talking to another on the internet longer than he has known me and now he is moving to PA to be with her. We live in Alabama. He is originally from Washington and six months after we met online he...

View more questions Search