Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    studenthelp1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Can a us immigration officer cancel a visitor's visa without any reason?
    Providing that the visitor has not broken any immigrations or border protection laws, is a law abiding citizen/visitor and not acted in an unlawful manner, does an immigrations officer have the right to cancel this traveler's visa?

Feb 4, 2010, 12:16 PM

Providing that the visitor has not broken any immigrations or border protection laws, is a law abiding citizen/visitor and not acted in an unlawful manner, does an immigrations officer have the right to cancel this visitor's visa?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 10:01 PM

There are many reasons immigration officers can keep you out especially when you hold B1/B2. If they find previous record that you've worked without authorization, or stayed up to 4-5 months and returned within 2-3 weeks, etc.

They have the rights to cancel your visa.. Yes.

Feb 5, 2010, 01:00 AM
    Thank you kindly, you have confirmed to me that for an officer to take such a decision, he would have a good reason to do so and would not cancel just because he is in a bad mood. i.e.. There should be some grounds for suspicion that the visitor is unlawful.

Thank you for your time today. Have a great day.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 07:07 PM

When they cancel someone's visa.. there must be enough reasons/evidence to do so.. not just bad mood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best way to cancel H1b visa with a corrupt company, no pay, no work, [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is in trouble with the H1b company, without work or pay, they just trying get money to pay tax, all this sounds pernicious and criminal completely different from what was promised, they made her leave a good job offer from a different company. She wants to cancel he H1b before things...

No reason given for non visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my brother in law got all his paper work today but the visa or a reason for not getting it was not there, just a form for appeal, how can I find the reason he didn't get it, as I can not ring them as they said they don't take incoming calls.

How long will consular officer review for k1 visa applicant [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm tina applicant of fiancée visa in us embassy manila This is the reply of the embassy on our inquiry for my case: The case is still under review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is completed, we will contact the applicant to resume processing the visa application. We want...

View more questions Search