Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7sweetstars Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 05:33 PM
    One HPT positive, 1 urines/1 blood negative and all symptoms
    On May 13, I took a pregnancy test, with having all symptoms I'm convinced to be pregnant. The HPT test said positive right away, on 5/15 I went for blood work and didn't get results until Thursday, when they came back it was negative, I was still convinced I was pregnant so I called the obgyn made appt. Took another urine test it was negative, she checked inside and didn't find anything.. everyone said I should be almost 2 weeks if anything and if I was having symptoms I should be.. but my obgyn said Im not pregnant at all and pretty much thought I was crazy. I'm a smoker and smoking is now making me sick along with other smells, I'm really tired all the time, my boobs feel so heavy, no change in color on aeroloas(spell?) and when I bend over I pretty much can't my boobs are killing me.. I have mild cramping and I'm not due for my period until the 15th, and I did get my period but it was tolerable and usually are never tollerable. I'm taking another test if not getting period but still! Has anyone had this problem before? I'm saying yes I'm pregnant but am I? Please help me! I need to take prescriptions that defintely would do harm to the baby so I need to know.. Thanks and thanks in advance :)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 1, 2007, 11:10 PM
    I would get a second opinion. And have more tests done in the next couple of days. Don't put this off get it done right away.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 2, 2007, 05:38 AM
    It's possible you may have convinced yourself you are pregnant, and therefore your mind is creating symptoms. This doesn't mean you're crazy, just... convinced. Have another blood test just to be sure, but they are pretty accurate.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jun 2, 2007, 12:42 PM
    The name for the condition LadyB is referring to is called pseudocyesis. You may want to look into it.
    jsurod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 03:45 PM
    It's possible that you could be pregnant. It happened to me and maybe the opposite of what you describe. My boobs were very sore, it hurts to walk. I missed my period, but my period hadn't been regular all year so I didn't think of anything. I went to the doctor maybe two weeks after the first missed period and the test results came back positive. I couldn't believe it so I took two additional tests, and it came back positive. So I went to an OBGYN to start prenatal care. After he examine me, later that evening I started to bleed and went to the emergency room. The doctor on staff says that there were no fetus and thought that I was pregnant in my tubes. I receive a shot to abort the fetus and was told to see my OBGYN in three days. Went to see my OBGYN and he says that I was still pregnant and emergency surgery was needed. Had emergency surgery, and guess what! No fetus! A week after surgery, I went into labor and passed the fetus. No need to guess who aborted the pregnancy. Please get second opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No ovulation and positive hpt? [ 23 Answers ]

:confused: I have been trying to conceive since the beginning of the year with no success. I had found out the one of my tubes are blocked but the other is OK. I took my first round of Clomid 50mg this month then had a blood test to see if I ovulated. The progesterone test showed that I didn't...

No period signs but negative hpt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 21 years ol and am 2weeks late for my perid, me and my fiancé hac been trying for a baby for about 2 months and I know it takes a healthy couple a year to conceive. I have done 2 hpt and they came back negative but I have no sign that my period will come but no signs of pregnancy either...

Spotting and negative HPT, I'm desperate [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old (almost 19 in feb) and on New Year's, my boyfriend and I (we have been dating for 3 1/2 years by the way) had sex twice, but we used a condom. My period is always about a week or two late because I am always stressed, but I haven't had it since a little bit before Thanksgiving. I...

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

Day 23 and my hpt is negative,please help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my lmp was on the 29th oct; I usually have 28 day cycles. I used aimstick opk and found Iwas going to ovulate on the 11th and we did it on those dates (11,12,13) Did a hpt this morn,dpo 10,and its negative,although the hpt says you can test bet 7-10dpo. Is it conclusive that I haven't...

View more questions Search