Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adebayo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 07:10 PM
    What is computer science?
    Echofon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
    Computer science is the field of writing code and scripts on the computer to instruct it to perform certain tasks.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Echofon View Post
    Computer science is the field of writing code and scripts on the computer to instruct it to perform certain tasks.
    While this is true, you're missing the big picture.

The core of computer science is really the study of algorithms, and an algorithm is a series of steps needed to solve a problem. An algorithm can be actual code, or it can be a theory or a generic statement.
    oscaretebari Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 01:59 PM
    I would simply say; computer science is; study of computer, how computer hardware and software works, interact with each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career in computer science [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 3rd year engineering student, currently pursuing my engineering in Electronics from BITS-PILANI, DUBAI. I don't have any interest in Electronics, I am good at computer programming from my school days, I want to make my career in Computer Programming only,what can I do now,I am in a serious...

Computer science O LEVEL [ 11 Answers ]

Anyone expert(s) preparing to guide/help me to complete my project if possible. Thank you

Computer science job [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to be graduating after next year with a computer science degree and I am kind of worried about having to find a job and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I was wondering what kinds of jobs people get with a computer science degree. I really like programming but if I...

York University - Computer Science [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am currently in grade 12 and I am thinking of going to York University for Computer Science. I know that waterloo is one of the best universities for computers but I do not want to leave home because its really expensive. I was just wondering if anybody heard anything about the computers at...

View more questions Search