Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollydobson24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 08:04 AM
    My 1 year old sons dad is a waster he's not on birth certificate does he have rights?
    I have a 1 year old son with a man called gary, he was not there for me in my pregnance he dened the child was his and I proved it with a dna test and he starts seeing my son for a few months then he doesn't show up for weeks then he turns up again when he wants to. Luckily my son is too young to realise but gary has an older son who he sees rugulary he does everything for him but with my son he's completely different he treats him totally different. He is a drug dealer of cocaine I've found out which he denies and he has no job. Hes not on birth certificate so if I stop him seeing my son has he got rights and I would like to hear peoples opinions on what to do as I feel so sorry for my son but I'm scared what to do? Please help...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollydobson24 View Post
    I have a 1 year old son with a man called gary, he was not there for me in my pregnance he dened the child was his and i proved it with a dna test and he starts seeing my son for a few months then he doesnt show up for weeks then he turns up again when he wants to. Luckily my son is too young to realise but gary has an older son who he sees rugulary he does everything for him but with my son hes completely different he treats him totally different. He is a drug dealer of cocaine iv found out which he denies and he has no job. Hes not on birth certificate so if i stop him seeing my son has he got rights and i would like to hear peoples opinions on what to do as i feel so sorry for my son but im scared what to do? please help..............

You cannot force him to see his son regularly; you cannot keep him from treating one son "better" than the other.

If he is a danger to his children you must report it. If you want to limit his rights to visit with his son you have to take him to Court and get a visitation/custody order and also support.

He is the father and cannot simply be stripped of his rights.
    star1922 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2008, 02:24 PM

Since he is such a bad person, it's better that he NOT be around your child to negatively influence him. Some deadbeats just stop in a few times a year to reassure themselves or because they want the power and may fill his head with lies. Be grateful he's not demanding that he and only he have the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights if not on birth certificate [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old baby and I chose not to put her dad on the birth certificate. He is not in our lives and I want to keep it that way just in case he tried to be involved.. Do I need to make him sign away rights if he isn't even on the birth certificate?

Birth Certificate and legal rights [ 16 Answers ]

I currently have full legal and physical custody of my child. Father has visitation and is asking to be put on birth certificate and change child's last name. Does doing this change my legal and or physical rights? What legal rights does it give the father? Father and I were never married, there...

My name is not on my five year olds birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

How can I gain custody of my child if my name is not on the birth certificate?

Birth Certificate Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just had a baby. I did not add his name to the birth certificate and he wants me to add him to it giving our child my last name and his last name. Can he come take her from me anytime he wants if I do this? We both live in Florida he lives in a different part of Florida but I...

Ammending my Sons birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and am try ing to amend my sons birth certificate to add the fathers name. A paternity test was done through the court and a paternity acknowledgement form was signed in court however a declaration of paterinty was never signed and now the father refuses to sign it (de doesn't...

View more questions Search