Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

May 22, 2009, 06:52 AM
    How does God's name ''I AM'' make you feel?
    Imagine praying to God , and calling Him with His name I AM !
    Doesn't this somehow make you feel one with Him?
    For if I say '' I AM is Life '' am I not speaking about myself also at the same time that I call my God's name?
    And isn't this happening every time I call Him with His name 'cause when I say ''I AM'' , I am not only calling Him but at that same time I am also talking about myself.
    Doesn't this make you feel one with Him?
    If we come to this understanding, doesn't this make us feel His power inside us?
    Doesn't this make His name, us?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2009, 07:25 AM

This is the idea behind theosis, as explained here --

Theosis - OrthodoxWiki
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

May 22, 2009, 08:53 AM

It makes me feel that... I am not :)
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
    We are not to go by or depend on feelings. For "the heart is wicked and decietful above all things"
    We are to trust in, adhere to, and rely on, every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Feelings change with circumstances and events and the peoples in our lives. We are rock steady when we focus on Jesus - the living word of God.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    We are not to go by or depend on feelings. For "the heart is wicked and decietful above all things"
    We are to trust in, adhere to, and rely on, every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Feelings change with circumstances and events and the peoples in our lives. We are rock steady when we focus on Jesus - the living word of God.
    Feelings are not evil. Human beings are made up of feelings which God has blessed them with. Focusing on Jesus produces feelings.

Adam's use of "feel" is not your use of the word.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

May 22, 2009, 09:34 PM
    We serve a God who is alive, who is present, who is here right now and who gives
    Life and breath to everyone that lives. He is, whether anything else is here or not.
    I know I am safe and secure in the great I Am. There can be no separation. We are
    One with the great I AM. Acts 17:28"for in Him we live and move and have our being'
    as also some of your own poets have said, " For we are His Off spring."
    Now this make me love Him with all my heart and I rejoice in Him always. I want to know Him better and please Him in all my ways. This is how I feel about the great I AM.
    When a person learns this it will remove all fear, and bring perfect peace.l

Love and Blessings, Maggie 3

May 22, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    We serve a God who is alive, who is present, who is here right now and who gives
    life and breath to everyone that lives. He is, whether anything else is here or not.
    I know I am safe and secure in the great I Am. There can be no separation. We are
    one with the great I AM. Acts 17:28"for in Him we live and move and have our being'
    as also some of your own poets have said, " For we are His Off spring."
    Now this make me love Him with all my heart and I rejoice in Him always. I want to know Him better and please Him in all my ways. This is how I feel about the great I AM.
    When a person learns this it will remove all fear, and bring perfect peace.l

Love and Blessings, Maggie 3
    I see what you mean, thank you!

May 22, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Feelings are not evil. Human beings are made up of feelings which God has blessed them with. Focusing on Jesus produces feelings.

Adam's use of "feel" is not your use of the word.
    Thank you!

May 22, 2009, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester View Post
    It makes me feel that...I am not :)
    I'd say that this confession is the first step for us to be one with Him!
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    homesell, I do not disagree with all that you have said. However there is a difference in the heart which comes by the law of faith. When the spirit is born within, we are then nourished by the hand of God. We are no longer wicked of heart and deceitful.

When Christ died on the cross, we died with HIM. (set free from sin) When we are baptized we are buried with HIM ( being entirely in the likenss of Christ, is called "a new creation" (2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15). And "according to the image/righteousness of HIM that created him" (Col. 3:10).

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of HIM that created him:

The heart: (Col 3:14 And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness)
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam7gur View Post
    For if I say '' I AM is Life '' am I not speaking about myself also at the same time that I call my God's name?
    And isn't this happening every time I call Him with His name 'cause when I say ''I AM'' , I am not only calling Him but at that same time I am also talking about myself.
    If we come to this understanding, doesn't this make us feel His power inside us?
    I am not sure how it should make me feel, but it certainly gives a strong view of God's singular sovereignty over the entire universe. It also establishes that Jesus is God, and thus the trinity by the fact that Jesus called Himself by that same term.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 23, 2009, 05:29 AM

Absolutely nothing wrong with feelings. All I was suggesting was that we not "trust feelings". Peolple can "feel like"they are saved, they can "feel like", they are one with Christ, they can "feel like" almost anything. My point is, just cause you "feel like" something or anything, doesn't make it so. - don't misunderstand, I am NOT questioning anyone's salvation, I just ask that they don't depend on feelings for their assurance, which I know adam7gur does not.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 07:13 AM

The depth of my love for Christ is the feeling of HOPE, and REST in HIM.

Trust in HIS promise, and the strength of HIS power.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 23, 2009, 08:57 AM
    YES! That is exactly how I feel.
    Be still, and know that I AM God.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    I am not sure how it should make me feel, but it certainly gives a strong view of God's singular sovereignty over the entire universe. It also establishes that Jesus is God, and thus the trinity by the fact that Jesus called Himself by that same term.
    I'm guessing it makes you feel good, confident, reassured, happy and even joyful, contented, encouraged, and willing to share that information.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    YES! That is exactly how I feel.
    Be still, and know that I AM God.
    And that's exactly what Akoue meant when he was speaking of deification (theosis) once we reach heaven. Not that we will BE God, but that we will be one with God, absorbed into His divinity and part of it. Obviously, we even get a taste of it now.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Yes. Because we are all God's within our own rights. We where created in his image and he dwels within us. Saying "I AM" only confimrs his residency within every human being that walks this earth. As he is with us always you don't need anything else to make you feel his presence in you inner most self, except to acknowledge that he lives.
    Closeness to good is very intimate and its all about you and the one and only creator no third party. There is only one creator and that is God humself.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm guessing it makes you feel good, confident, reassured, happy and even joyful, contented, encouraged, and willing to share that information.
    Don't guess. It is not a matter of feeling - it is a matter of truth.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    Saying "I AM" only confimrs his residency within every human being that walks this earth.
    Scripture says that the Holy Spirit only indwells believers.

John 14:15-18
    16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever-- 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
    NKJV
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Don't guess. It is not a matter of feeling - it is a matter of truth.
    You have no feelings re your God and salvation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make my wife feel beautiful? [ 13 Answers ]

I made the mistake of telling her that the first time I saw her, she was not "my type"... Please do not "bash" me about this. I KNOW that was stupid, and I was young and not very mature... Point is, now we've had 3 children and she does not feel pretty... She commented about my above...

I feel like I'm alone. What can I do to make the feeling go away? [ 11 Answers ]

Lately I've been pushing people away and acting really mean but I don't even know why. Like to of my best guy friends devin and david, I have been really mean to them and just kind of secluding myself from them. David is really nice to me and I snap at him for no reason and devin complains about a...

How do I make him feel it again [ 3 Answers ]

When I met my boyfriend we were very much in love with each other and there was nothing about him that he did not tell me but I messed up. I betrayed his trust in me and he withral completely away from me. At times when I tell him he can confide in me and that he can come to me for anything and...

How to make her feel like a real woman. [ 3 Answers ]

On a transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning. One woman, in particular, loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die," she wails. Then...

Boss tries to make me feel more comfortable around him? [ 9 Answers ]

I have worked for this company almost five years (USA). For four years my CEO never spoke or even looked at me. Last year when he fired my boss, he hired a consultant, and he started to talk highly about me and how smart I am. Every time I meet him and if just two of us, he always talks and...

View more questions Search