Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bertajean13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 04:05 AM
    Foster Johnson gas furnace will not "fire up"
    Our Foster Johnston gas furnace will not "fire up" on it's own. We have to "flip" the breaker switch or toggle it off & on with a switch that has been installed behind the heater. When it does finally "fire up" it will "cycle" twice and then back to point A. When we flip the switch it sometimes takes quite a few attemps to get the furnace to "kick" on. Then it doesn't want to run long enough to heat up the house.
    Indicator light (inside near the jets) blinks once. There is a sticker near this indicator light and it tells us to interpret this as meaning "Lock out-check furnace". Soooo what do we check? Thank you in advance.

Roberta Murray
    Darcy Figurel
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 05:11 AM
    Something simple you can do is clean the flame sensor if so equipped.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Murray 12 hp 30in mower "No Fire to Plug" [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I have a murray 12 hp 30 riding mower . The first problem was it would start (turn over) . I brought an ignition switch and installed. The engine now turns over but not getting any spark (fire ) to the spark plug. I then jumped out the safety switches at each switch and changed out the...

Dream interpretation"fire" [ 3 Answers ]

Lastnight for the first time ever in my life I dreamt of letters ,actually a word it came to me 4 times in one night of sleeping the word was"fire". Can anyone help me understand what this meANS TO ME? Thanks!:confused:

CSI "Play With Fire" episode [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I am trying to find out the title and artist of the song at the beginning 5 min of the "Play With Fire" episode of CSI that aired the week of May 8th, 2003, just before the body was discovered. If anyone can help me... I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

View more questions Search