Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timtim123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Could it be genital herpes?
    Okay so about 4 months ago I had protected sexual intercourse one time with a girl who later tested positive for hsv 2.

I did not notice any herpes symptoms until about a month ago which is uncharicteristic because I have read they usually appear within 2 to 20 days after exposure. Anyhow, currently I have 5 I would call them bumps not sores because they are not open and look more like pimples on the shaft of my penis where the condom was covering.

Im freaking out it could be herpes though. The bumps look a little red with a white center that is sort of hard because I touched them with tweezers and I could feel a center to the bumps. The bumps are very small and when my penis is erect you can barley see them. When the skin is stretched they are the size of a pin prick and are small little bubble looking things.

The reasons I don't think it would be herpes is because they have been there for 14 days now and have not changed at all. I have read typical herpes sores blister and open and then scab. These have not changed appearance in 14 days they are just there and cause no pain or discomfot at all maybe just a little more itching cause I'm thinking about it. If you have any advice on what it might be it would be greatly appreciated.

Like I said its about 4 months after I would have been exposed and the bumps haven't changed in 2 weeks. Also they are not real close together they are 5 spread out bumps with about a half an inch in between each one.Thanks.
    timtim123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I also forgot to mention the girl had been taking medication for herpes from a doctor for about a week when wehad sex
    sleeper Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Most likely its just pimples or hair that's not growing in,but if you have anything on the tip of your penis around the rim like white bump's or flat type wart's go see a doc,, if your having sex with someone that has it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah go see a doc!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Best not to take a chance, go to health department or doctor and have it checked
    sunnynparadise Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim123
    Okay so about 4 months ago i had protected sexual intercourse one time with a girl who later tested positive for hsv 2.

I did not notice any herpes symptoms until about a month ago which is uncharicteristic because i have read they usually appear within 2 to 20 days after exposure. Anyhow, currently i have 5 i would call them bumps not sores because they are not open and look more like pimples on the shaft of my penis where the condom was covering.

Im freaking out it could be herpes though. The bumps look a little red with a white center that is sort of hard because i touched them with tweezers and i could feel a center to the bumps. The bumps are very small and when my penis is erect you can barley see them. when the skin is stretched they are the size of a pin prick and are small little bubble looking things.

The reasons i dont think it would be herpes is because they have been there for 14 days now and have not changed at all. I have read typical herpes sores blister and open and then scab. These have not changed appearance in 14 days they are just there and cause no pain or discomfot at all maybe just a little more itching cause im thinking about it. If you have any advice on what it might be it would be greatly appreciated.

Like i said its about 4 months after i would have been exposed and the bumps havent changed in 2 weeks. Also they are not real close together they are 5 spread out bumps with about a half an inch in between each one.Thanks.
    Go to Google online and look at "genital herpes..." under images... then go to a dr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 5 Answers ]

Can you receive herpes from someone infected through smoking a cigarette behind them?

Genital bumps [ 6 Answers ]

About once every month or two I get these bumps on the outside of my vagina. They are a little smaller than a dime. They don't hurt unless I squeeze them and I get 1 or 2 at a time. I was tested for STDs and everything came back fine? Should I get a second opinion? What could this be?

What is herpes? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had check ups by a gyno and all seems well, but for the last 5 or so years, I have had a bump show up on the hair area down there. It shows up maybe 2 or three times a year, so I always forget to ask about it at the gyno. Once he saw it and said what is that, and I said I don't know, and...

Cancer or herpes ? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't been sexually active in a few months but always use protection and haven't had multiple partners, but I keep getting these painful bumps that turn into open sores. I really hope it isn't herpes, so can some one with experience please help? I am just waiting for a doctor appointment but...

Genital bumps [ 3 Answers ]

I have a history of yeast infections, as does my mother. They usually itch intensely and last several days. A few days ago I started to itch but this time I have several small bumps on the inside of my labia. The hood of my clitoris is also swollen on the side where I itch the most. I do shave down...

View more questions Search