Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stdreams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
    4.5 briggs & stratton
    My lawn mower starts & revs up and down on a full tank,and when almost empty runs well!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Problem with carburetion. Check fuel filter, contaminated fuel, Air filter. Better fuel may be at top. When fuel runs out, runs better, possibly because it is running leaner(out of gas). Check float bowl if possible.
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
    When I saw a red mark, I new you had less than 10 post, sorry 31.
    It is picking up from the bottom like you say, good gas on top, when almost empty, runs good, carb can't get to top, until it uses up the bottom. Reread if you don't understand.
    Why don't you provide answer mowerman2468.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Have you fixed yet? Don't know if mowerman2468's info helped. Didn't help me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 hp briggs & stratton [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton model # 31P777, type # 0348-E1 that is blowing oil out of the screen on the fuel pump. It will blow out about 1 pint by the time I finish cutting my yard. Any ideas?

Briggs & Stratton 16.5 OHV [ 19 Answers ]

I have a B&S 16.5 OHV MTD Yardman that will not turn over even though the starter and battery are OK. It will turn to a point and then stops. If I remove the spark plug it turns freely like it should. I know that removes the pressure in the cylinder but I don't know what could cause it to bind...

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search