Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jadire Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnahpolice
    Jesus prayed TO God. He did not pray to himself. If we love Jesus, belive in his teachings and have faith in him, we must all do as he did - Worship the One God like Jesus did.
    You are quite right. Jesus did not pray to Himself. And you are quite right.. there is only ONE God. But Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are one and the same.

Let not, however, limit God and what is possible with and through Him to our simple ability to understand how it is done. The Bible said it, I believe it. There is no other assigned authority on the subject, period.
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

May 4, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Yes, but the claim of "revelation" is still by one man as compared to the thousands of witnesses & similar revelations of the same Spirit in the Gospels & in the entire Holy Bible.

Now, in the end-times do you agree that Islam believes that Jesus' purpose in returning is to fight for Islam-"Kill all the pigs and break all the crosses, to confirm that Islam is the only true religion?"

I don't believe that. In the Tribulation- there are 2 big wars against Israel. The king of the North (experts name it Russia), & the king of the South (represented by the Arab states) is the 1st battle. They come up against Israel.(This is Ezekiel's war, Ezekiel 38-39) All but 1/6 will be killed(divine intervention) on the hills of Israel. Then there will be no power to contest the Antichrist's right to world authority.
    The Antichrist (king of the west & false messiah to Israel) will emerge center stage & form 1 world government & 1 world religion. For a brief time, he will be a one-world dictator.
    That will leave the king of the East(China) That is where Armegeddon comes in because the Antichrist & the king of the East will do battle for world domination. The military will cover all 200 miles north to south in Israel. At which time Christ comes as conqueror. Israel is to have a spiritual awakening in the end-time.
    Note, that the Church, or all Christian believers will be raptured before the great Tribulation. In 1Thessolonians 4:13-18, the apostle Paul descrbes the rapture when the church is caught up to meet the Lord in the air. According to some theologians, 3/12 years after this takes place, the Antichrist, who will be head of the European Union, is going to be given power "over every tribe, tongue, and nation"(Rev.13:7).
    All the more reason to find salvation through Jesus Christ the Lord now.
    We already know about the weapons the Soviets have been selling to Iran. Much prophecy is being revealed in one generation- that it is raising Biblical eyebrows lately.

May 4, 2007, 11:03 AM
    [QUOTE=mrs.pennell] According to the scholars, Jesus would not have called himself God or the Son of God. For more information on this and the historical Jesus you can go to this website:

The Jesus Seminar

Or Google THE JESUS SEMINAR. The Jesus Seminar is the group of scholars that did the research to ascertain what could be attributed to Jesus and what is likely not his words. They believe that only 20% of Jesus' sayings in the Gospel are actually his words.

QUOTE]

Are you seriously quoting scholars? My gosh, a scholar is merely a man. Jesus was right under their noses and they didn't recognize him, and he rebuked them for it.

Here's the key factor for the Naysayers:... You made an educated and informed decision. You had a greater opportunity to make a choice than many others did. This will be no one's fault but your own.

May 4, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    note, that the Church, or all Christian believers will be raptured before the great Tribulation. In 1Thessolonians 4:13-18, the apostle Paul descrbes the rapture when the church is caught up to meet the Lord in the air. According to some theologians, 3/12 years after this takes place, the Antichrist, who will be head of the Europian Union, is going to be given power "over every tribe, tongue, and nation"(Rev.13:7).
    Where in the Bible does it say that the Rapture will take place BEFORE the Trib? I personally believe that to be true... but my question to you is WHERE does the BIBLE say it?

I'm no scholar, but as a fellow believer, I would suggest that we not get into misleading people by mixing Scripture w/ personal opinions. I don't think the Bible specifically states your timeline. Am I wrong?
    -

May 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadire
    Where in the Bible does it say that the Rapture will take place BEFORE the Trib? I personally believe that to be true...but my question to you is WHERE does the BIBLE say it?

I'm no scholar, but as a fellow believer, I would suggest that we not get into misleading people by mixing Scripture w/ personal opinions. I don't think the Bible specifically states your timeline. Am I wrong?
    No, I know about the pre-trib/mid-trib/post-trib debates that are out there.

I 've read a couple of books on the end-times. It is not my opinion that the Church must be removed from God's wrath in the Great Tribulation. These who interpret Biblical prophesy have stated that the Gentile church is removed so that- Israel's blindness to the Messiah will end when" the fullness of the Gentiles has come in."

See Luke 21:36. See Revelation 3:7-13- To the Church in Philadelphia (called the faithful church)
    PHILADELPHIA: 7 CHURCHs of REVELATION
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

May 23, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Jesus said... Before Abraham... I AM. I AM is God! Yes he said he was God AND the Jews knew EXACTLY what he said because they picked up rocks to stone him for it. He also let Thomas bow and worship him... Thomas said... my savior and my God!
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

May 23, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Correction... Thomas said my Lord and my God. Sorry, I know this is an old post but it was interesting...
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Tessy777
    Thanks.
    You are right.
    Peace ans kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    jayb09 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    :confused:
    Is Jesus Christ God?
    Investigate these interesting claims... The earliest followers of Jesus all seemed pretty convinced that Jesus was fully God in human form.
    Paul said, "He is the image of the invisible God...in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell."
    John said that Jesus created the world.
    Peter said, "Every one who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." But what did Jesus say about himself?
    Did he ever identify himself as God? According to the Bible...absolutely! Below are some of his statements made while on earth, in their context. Is Jesus God? How he implied he was God: The Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple. (John 8:57-59)
    "I and the Father are one." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (John 10:30-33)
    And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me does not believe in Me, but in Him who sent Me. And he who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me. I have come as light into the world, that everyone who believes in Me may not remain in darkness." (John 12:44-46)
    And so when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments, and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet." (John 13:12-14)
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:6-9)
    Is Jesus God? How he described himself: Jesus therefore said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world." They said therefore to Him, "Lord, evermore give us this bread." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." (John 6:32-35)
    Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life." The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You are bearing witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true." Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true; for I know where I came from, and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from, or where I am going." (John 8:12-14)
    Jesus therefore said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." (John 10:7-11)
    Martha therefore said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." Jesus said to her, "Your brother shall rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world." (John 11:21-27)
    Is Jesus God? What he said he was sent here to do: But Jesus called them to Himself, and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:25-28)
    For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, "The Son of Man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later." But they did not understand this statement, and they were afraid to ask Him. (Mark 9:31-32)
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)
    "All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:37-40)
    Do you believe what the bibles says about Jesus being God?:confused:
    Jeus is God! Some questions for people to consider
    Isaiah 7:14; St. Mathew 1:23 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then who is Immanuel?

Genesis 1:1; Colossians 1:14-17 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, who created the heavens, and earth? Jesus or God?

Genesis 49:10; Hebrews 7:14 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, when will our Lord spring out of the Tribe of Juda?

I Kings 22:19; Revelations 4:2 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, how many is setting on the throne? Psalms 45:6; Philippians 2:11.

Numbers 24:16-17- If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, when will Balaam's prophecy come to pass?

Isaiah 45:23; Philippians 2:11 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then who shall we bow to? Jesus or God?

Isaiah 45:15-21; Titus 2:13 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then who is our savior?

Isaiah 9:6 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then when will Isaiah's prophecy come to pass?

If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, why when the Devil was tempting Jesus, "Jesus said unto him, 'Thou Shalt not tempt the Lord Thy God'"? St. Matthew 4:7.

If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, when will the Lord God of Israel visit his people to redeem them? St. Luke 1:68.

If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, why did Steven call God by his name and said, "Lord Jesus"? Acts 7:59.

If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then who is the True God? I John 5:20.

Deuteronomy 32:4; I Corinthians 10:4 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then who is The Rock? God or Christ?

If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, then Thomas must told a lie in St. John 20:28, when he said to Jesus, "My Lord and My God". Did Thomas lie?

I Timothy 3:16 - If Jesus Christ is not God, when did God come in the flesh?

I John 3:16 - If Jesus Christ is not God, when did God lay down his life? St. John 3:16; I Peter 3:18.

St. John 14:9 - If Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, why did He say to Philip, "When you see me, you see The Father", and there is only one Father? Malachi 2:10.

Did God tell a lie when he told Saul that He is Jesus in, Acts 9:5.

If Jesus Christ is not God, then we must say the He's not Good. St. Mark 10:18; St. John 10:14.

Psalms 90:2; Revelations 1:18 - If Jesus Christ is not God, then who is He that liveth, and was dead; and is alive evermore (everlasting)?
    jayb09 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Why we are on the topic? How does one become saved? Do you believe it is just by faith or does that faith require works with the water baptism and infilling of the holy ghost? What say you?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Fred, read this article, excerpted below. It's probably not what you would have expected.

Background: Whence the "Son of Man"?

Most commentators start they journey on the SOM with Daniel 7. Sometimes they look into the ANE to find comparable pagan divine figures. But somehow and some way, if we are to believe an entirely neutral source, they have missed the most relevant key of all.

It was as a result of my research on Zoroaster that I found the programmatic data, which comes from Ernest Herzfeld's Zoroaster and His World [835-840]. Herzfeld notes the uses of phrases containing "son of..." in the ancient world and what purpose they served. The phrase as used in Daniel is bar enash. (Note for certain skeptics: This is an important distinction from other uses of the phrase in the OT, which generally use 'adam for man).

What is the significance of this difference? The combination bar enash and its parallels in Old Babylonian carry the meaning of an heir or successor to royalty, or of a free man of the highest class. A "man" here is not just any man, but as we might say, "THE MAN" as in royalty. Herzfeld notes an example of this usage in the Code of Hammurabi.

Daniel was written at a time when this phrase had a specific and known meaning. In the context of Daniel 7:13, in which the one "like a son of man" comes to the Ancient of Days (Almighty God) and is given dominion of the sort that God possesses, the significance of Jesus' "son of man" usage cannot be overstated. It is functionally equivalent to saying that the one like a son of man is rightful heir and successor to the divine throne. "Son of man" is essentially the same as "Son of God" in this context.

It is therefore clear that if Jesus is using the phrase consistent with its original meaning, it is a powerful and clear claim to deity. But before we take that further, let's look at some Jewish parallels that might substantiate the case.

From the Jewish apocryphal Book of 1 Enoch, in a section referred to as the Similitudes (Chapters 37-71), we find a description of the Son of Man as one who was given that name before time itself; one who would become a light to the Gentiles, will be worshipped throughout the earth; and will "dethrone kings and crush the teeth of sinners." [Chars.JesJud, 40, 48] In 1 Enoch 48 specifically, the terms "Son of Man," "Messiah," and "Elect One" are used interchangeably, indicating that in the mind of that author, they meant the same thing [With.JQ, 214]. The Similitudes may be later than Jesus; but they would serve to demonstrate the existence of a personal concept of the "Son of Man" at the time of Jesus or shortly thereafter, albeit not in a titular form. However, the matter is complicated by the fact that this part of 1 Enoch is only available in a late, Ethiopic translation. This material cannot be used decisively for any argument.

Relevant also is material from the book of 4 Ezra, written late in the first century. Here there are also obvious allusions to the character of Daniel 7 as a Messiah - although the words "son of man" are not used [Todt.SOM, 24; Hare.SOM; Case.SOM, 124].

Later interpretations, by rabbis and Christian commentators, of Daniel 7 are relevant, but varied [see Case.SOM]. Some saw the figure as corporate Israel; some saw it as Messianic. Little suggests that SOM was considered a title.

A considerable factor in Jesus' words is his comment that the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of God. This is far more significant than our phrase, "right-hand man" would suggest. In a study of the matter in Blashpemy and Exaltation in Judaism [203ff], Darrell Bock discusses parallels in Jewish texts and offers these conclusions:

• In the literature of Judiasm of the period, "a proximate seating next to God" i.e., in His presence) "might be considered for a privileged few, either a few universally acknowledged greats" (Moses, Adam, etc.) "of the past or the future eschatological figure of judgment" (the Son of Man of Daniel 7). But such honor "would never be comtemplated by the leadership for a humble, rural Galilean, preacher like Jesus." Being seated in God's presence (like being seated during the National Anthem) by itself was audacious, though not necessarily a claim to divinity, until we add:
    • The right hand reference, which means in this culture that Jesus is claiming to be seated by God "in a way that shares the highest honor with him." In other texts, the "right hand of God" is the place where the splendor and majeesty of God comes from (Testament of Job), and the righteous are honored by being allowed to stand (not sit!) at the right hand of God.

In short, Jesus thereby claims the prerogatives of God with the combination honor of being seated at the right hand of God, and therefore asserts his divine identity.

As an added note for fans of eschatology, it is a good idea to check passages in the NT which refer to Jesus at God's right hand. By our eschatological view, Jesus' "seating" corresponded with events of 70 AD (see more here). In this light it is noteworthy that Jesus in Acts 7 is still standing at God's right hand (not yet seated). (Other passages [like Eph. 1:20 and Heb. 12:2] speak of Jesus being set at God's right hand, though whether seated, or standing in place, is not specified.)
    Yes, Jesus claimed to be God.
    Jeff Logan Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Jesus never said He was God:

"All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:37-40)

Jeff :)
    ActionJackson Posts: 301, Reputation: 28

Jun 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Heck... there's really no need to reply. You pretty much covered it. God is triune in nature, that is, He is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ was 100% man and 100% God.

Jun 6, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayb09
    Why we are on the topic? How does one become saved? Do you believe it is just by faith or does that faith require works with the water baptism and infilling of the holy ghost? What say you?
    "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Philippians 2:12

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say 'Thou has faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.' Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith, without works is dead?" James 2:17-20

"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

I believe that much is required of a Christian. Some church leaders may say that all one has to do is believe and that's it. Beware! If that was all that was required then we wouldn't have a thick Bible full of God's Word. All we would need is that single page that says "believe."

Jun 6, 2007, 06:11 PM
    [QUOTE=Jeff Logan]Jesus never said He was God:

QUOTE]

John 8:58, (Speaking to the Pharisees) "Jesus said unto them, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.'"

If Christ were a mere mortal, He could not have existed before Abraham who lived hundreds of years before Him. Therefore, Christ is the great I AM Who is God Almighty.
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson
    "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Philippians 2:12

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say 'Thou has faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.' Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith, without works is dead?" James 2:17-20

"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

I believe that much is required of a Christian. Some church leaders may say that all one has to do is believe and that's it. Beware! If that was all that was required then we wouldn't have a thick Bible full of God's Word. All we would need is that single page that says "believe."
    Oh boy, got to disagree with you about the faith plus works thing equaling salvation.
    Faith plus nothing equal salvation.

Martin Luther

The question is asked: how can justification take place without the works of the law, even though James says: “Faith without works is dead”?

In answer, the apostle distinguishes between the law and faith, the letter and grace. The ‘works of the law’ are works done without faith and grace, by the law, which forces them to be done through fear or the enticing promise of temporal advantages. But ‘works of faith’ are those done in the spirit of liberty, purely out of love to God. And they can be done only by those who are justified by faith. An ape can cleverly imitate the actions of humans. But he is not therefore a human. If he became a human, it would undoubtedly be not by virtue of the works by which he imitated man but by virtue of something else; namely, by an act of God. Then, having been made a human, he would perform the works of humans in proper fashion. Paul does not say that faith is without its characteristic works, but that it justifies without the works of the law. Therefore justification does not require the works of
    The law; but it does require a living faith, which performs its works. - Martin Luther

Ephesians 2: 8-10
    For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yoursevelves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.
    Read the next sentence in Phillipians 2:12-13 There, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence- continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
    John 3:16
    Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
    I agree with getting baptised. But again not a requirement for salvation. Jesus commanded us to be baptised( at some point though )

Jun 7, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Oh boy, gotta disagree with you about the faith plus works thing equaling salvation.
    Faith plus nothing equal salvation.

Wait a sec. I didn't say it, I quoted the Apostle James right out of the Bible. Since he was inspired by the Holy Ghost to write those words in the book that all Christians accept as God's Word, then you will have to get after him... not me. Apparently, he believed that if we had faith and sat on our behinds, then our faith was dead. I believe that Martin Luther was a great man and I have many of his writings in my library. However, considering the fact that James walked with Christ and learned directly from the greatest Teacher of scriptural matters, I can't help but lean more towards the teachings of James than the teachings of Martin. That's not to say that I believe that works alone will do anything for a person's salvation. It MUST be accompanied by Faith.

What do you think Paul meant when he told us to "work out our own salvation?
    -

Jun 7, 2007, 09:10 PM
    You are making salvation sound hard. This is not what I believe. This is why some young Christian boys are nervous wrecks- because they think they can't be good or do good enough or be holy enough in the Lord's eyes.
    What do you think Paul was saying in Ephesians? Not by works, that none should boast.
    And John 3:16? Same message. And the same message I follow from 4-5 different pastors.

Work out with fear- don't forget the word" fear" there. We are supposed to have a fear of the Lord (or reverence) always.
    What about the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He didn't need works to be granted salvation.
    Equipped for good works--- after salvation.

I know it's 1 word- but the placement of it must be correct (what Jesus, John, Paul spoke) Otherwise, these kids are" killing themselves" to be accepted into heaven.

But you may be right. It could be because of James' writings.

Jun 8, 2007, 04:29 AM
    You are making salvation sound hard. This is not what I believe. This is why some young Christian boys are nervous wrecks- bc they think they can't be good or do good enough or be holy enough in the Lord's eyes.
    What do you think Paul was saying in Ephesians? Not by works, that none should boast.
    And John 3:16? Same message. And the same message I follow from 4-5 different pastors. Work out with fear- don't forget the word" fear" there. We are supposed to have a fear of the Lord (or reverence) always.
    What about the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He didn't need works to be granted salvation. Equipped for good works--- after salvation.
    I know it's 1 word- but the placement of it must be correct (what Jesus, John, Paul spoke) Otherwise, these kids are" killing themselves" to be accepted into heaven.
    But you may be right. It could be bc of James' writings.
    I think we're probably closer in our belief than our words portray. I agree that if a person comes to Jesus Christ for the first time, accepts Him as Lord and Saviour, etc. that he or she receives salvation. However, I believe that Christianity is a growing process. In other words, that brand new Christian shouldn't pastor a church the day after he becomes a Christian. He will need to do a lot more seeking and searching and become more prepared before he can lead an entire congregation. There is also a Scripture that says that those who return to their old ways are like dogs returning to their vomit. That indicates that at some point, a person's faith died and they returned to an old habit or whatever.

Also, faith and salvation aren't not really synonyms. James said that "faith" without works is dead but not necessarily "salvation" would die along with it. I've known good Christians who were going through very trying times who felt like giving up. Their faith was weak and wavering but they were still Christians bound for God's Kingdom. I think what James was saying was that the strength of our faithfulness was dependent on how we exercised the living, Christian principles in our lives.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jun 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnahpolice
    Curious: So if Jesus was God, who did he pray to? Himself? If you say he prayed to the Father, this means all 3 components of the Trinity can be worshipped separately!
    You bring fitnah to Christians. It is a commonplace action by unbelievers and we are used to it.

Peace be upon you.

M:)RGANITE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Re-birth of Jesus [ 29 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is any mention of re-birth of jesus in the scriptures regarding approaximate time and place of jesus's second coming. I've heard from various sources that there's a chance that Jesus may be born in the Indian sub-continent rather than in the West. So please do let me know...

Deity of Jesus [ 52 Answers ]

If Jesus is not God, but a being created by God, and thus part of creation, how does that affect justification, atonement, and salvation?

Jesus' childhood through adulthood [ 15 Answers ]

Why doesn't the bible include the early life of Jesus.. obviously he was going to be important from the get go... Virgin Mary getting pregnant... the 3 wise men.. where did all these stories go?what about Jesus' brothers and sisters.. what happened to them?any answers?

Jesus and God [ 12 Answers ]

1 John 2:1 MY little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: An advocate is someone who pleads another's case before a judge, in this case God. I remembered this verse two days ago and...

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search