Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Mar 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Onan
    Wow this thread is long.

I do not wish to turn anyone away from religion but I think it's important for someone who has questions to hear from both sides.

I don't mean to step on any toes but I seen a few people say there is no proof of evolution. This couldn't be further from the truth. Evolution is 100% fact. We just don't know all the odds and ends yet. For people to say it's just a theory is misleading.

As far as contradictions in the Bible, there are too many to even list. If there were no contradictions in the Bible there would not be hundreds of different beliefs and ideas. In my opinion though, contradictions really have nothing to do with whether or not there is a God. It would just mean he had little to do if any of the book being written. Again this is not an entirely bad thing, nor should it sway someone from religion. Religion is supposed to be about the heart. There was never any proof of a God at any time. People have always needed faith. Anytime I bring up the proof argument to my mother, she just looks at me and says "if there was any proof everyone would be christians, if everyone were christians heaven would be pretty full, and I hate crowds"

So Mom, I say to You, I am doing my part to make sure there is plenty of breathing room for you in heaven........lol
    Onan Like I told Cred, if Jidcou wanted to hear the atheist view, he/ she would have posted in the "other religion" section of the site. So it is just rude when atheist come on this forum and to promote their own beliefs by making demeaning comments about Christianity.

As far as I am concerned the Bible is absolute truth. It was written by hundred of authors and yet everything is consistent and there is absolutely no contradiction. I challenge you to post a question about contradictions and by the end of the day you will know that there are no contradictions. Instead of Judging something with limited information, you should do your research on the Bible and you find its credibility

I am a masters biology student and I can tell you Science is only beginning to catch up on what God had man record in the Bible from ancient times. The Bible never claims to be a text book on science but when it does speak on nature or physics it is absolutely accurate. For example man, up until recently believed the earth was flat and yet it was recorded thousands of year ago in the Bible, that the earth was shperical. This is just one example out of over 60 instances in which the Bible acuratelly represents what scientific knowledge we have now but was not know to man when the Bible was written so to me that is evidence of the divine inspiration of God.

As far as evolution goes, it is not a fact. It is a theory. Micro evolution is a scientific fact however Macro evolution is not a fact. There is evidence to prove that small-scale changes in allele frequencies in a population, over a few generations do occur however there is no evidence to prove that one can completely chang into a totally different species. There is also no evidence to prove a one cell creature crawled out of mythical soup and is responsible for all diversity of life. It takes a leap of faith to believe that a human Being and a fruit fly share a common ancestor. If you believe that it is not because it is fact but because you have faith that all life came from a creature that came from no where and crawled out of a soup and became plants insects trees cats dogs people.. etc... lol As far as I am concerned it take more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe a supernatural being created everything.

I will say the same thing to you. If there was any proof that there was no God everyone would be atheists, and if there was proof of macroevolution every scientist would be an dawinist. But not all scientist buy into the Myth.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Onan Like i told Cred, if Jidcou wanted to hear the athiest view, he/ she would have posted in the "other religion" section of the site.
    This question is in the Religious Discussions forum - the correct area for it.

So it is just rude when atheist come on this forum and to promote their own beliefs by making demeaning comments about Christianity.
    Christians on this site demean non-christians all the time, enough with the hypocrisy.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I will say the same thing to you. If there was any proof that there was no God everyone would be atheists, and if there was proof of macroevolution every scientist would be an dawinist. But not all scientist buy into the Myth.
    1. If there was any proof that the Earth was spherical, then everyone would believe it to be so.

2. Not everyone believes the Earth to be spherical, see Flat Earth Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore:

3. The world must be flat.

You really think that's a logical way of reasoning? You may have a master's in biology, but you seem to know next to nothing about science or critical thinking.

PS. The Flat Earth society was based off the founders' interpretation of the Bible... but you said the Bible said that the Earth is spherical..
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    This question is in the Religious Discussions forum - the correct area for it.

Christians on this site demean non-christians all the time, enough with the hypocrisy.

NK I do so agree. The thing that swirls in my mind, when that happens "Christians" demeaning anyone, is how Christian are they really? For sure not all, but those that come across with what seems hatred almost, and I am not talking about this thread, but overall,
    How is that Christian.

Funny how the word demonic has some similar letters to demean.

And when that stuff comes flying your way and mine as well, I just side step it, as best as I can, as I know that they will tire easily.

I do apologize to those who have had mud slung their way by those who claim to have Christ love in their heart.

I really shutter to even be upset at those that are so unkind, but I will of course not let them distract me from my beliefs.

They are souls that are in need of cleansing, in my opinion.

Sorry, for the rant. No one, who claims to love Christ, would speak in the way that some do.

End of rant. And NK you are so right (but you knew that ;)
    Starbucks_595 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigicou
    How can I tell that God exists and how do I know when he is affecting my life
    I would become involved in a local church and then take it from there. Just pray to God for guidance, and ask him what he wants you to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Believe this question has ran its course,
    Question closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

Is threr a posibal chance of getting pregnant after a tubal? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tubel 6 years ago and when the doc did the tubel I asked him exatly what he did he toled me all he did was remove a small pice of the tub he didn't clamp ,burn or tie them off it been 6 years now and just last month my period didn't seem the same I spoted for 2 days before them...

View more questions Search