Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Some people

walk in the rain

others just get wet

-----Roger Miller

One of my favorite fragrances is the incoming rain, not yet arrived, but the fragrance precedes to give us the promise of much needed moisture.

I read a story of a little girl who, having been in danger of dying just after being born and being in a state of health where the parents could not touch her little body, the mother prayed that God would hold her in His loving arms and care for her until they could. Several years later, while at a sporting event of her brother's, the little girl nonchalantly mentions when her mother speaks of the incoming rain, that is how God smells. The mother explains that, no, it is just rain. The little girl explains that when she was sick, God held her against his chest and that is how God smelled. I don't do the story justice in this and may not have gotten it all correct.

I can remember the joy as a child of a shower moving in and it smelled so fresh and clean and then how marvelous it was to just walk in the rain and feel it hit your face and feeling so free. The rumbling of thunder is to me so calming.

I think we should all walk in the rain and enjoy the experience even as adults. I seldom use an umbrella. When I see people running in and out of building, with newspapers being held over their heads or rushing to their cars with umbrellas, I always wonder why.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
    In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

In my friend, I find a second self. ~Isabel Norton
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
    What about when your just plain mad, and that turns to tears, where are those quotes..
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:37 PM
    When angry, count four; when very angry, swear. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894

Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change. ~Malcolm X
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Malcolm X seemed like a smart man
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:47 PM
    And you're a smart woman.

One that anyone would be proud to call a friend.
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Eat a third and drink a third and leave the remaining third of your stomach empty. Then, when you get angry, there will be sufficient room for your rage.

Anger at lies lasts forever. Anger at truth can't last.

Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.

Speak when you are angry--and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.
    Laurence J. Peter
    US educator & writer (1919 - 1988)

Never get angry. Never make a threat. Reason with people. (To late)
    Mario Puzo, 'The Godfather'
    US novelist & screenwriter (1920 - 1999)

(Love the site these came from)
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
    Oscar Wilde
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by life1973happened
    Never get angry. Never make a threat. Reason with people. (To late )
    Mario Puzo, 'The Godfather'Yes, but isn't this the same guy that put the horse head in the bed???? That's not exactly "reasoning...." :)
    US novelist & screenwriter (1920 - 1999)

(Love the site these came from)
    I think we have the same sites, K.

Great minds, eh?
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
    “You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.” There can be no hope when there lacks interest for better. There can be no trust when there lacks confirmation of truth. There can be no faith when there lacks complete confidence of purpose.” To move ahead you need to believe in yourself... have conviction in your beliefs and the confidence to execute those beliefs, Without faith, hope and trust, there is no promise for the future, and without a promising future, life has no direction, no meaning and no justification.”The tears of faithfulness to your beliefs cleanse your spirit to envision the road ahead. Everything is possible for the person who believes, Success is a welcomed gift for the uninhibited mind!

Adlin Sinclair
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Awesome exhortation, Jolie... had to spread the love, or else I'd give you a greenie for it.

Very true.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
    The Naughty Naughty Naughty man my Father-in-law was contributed these remarkable quotes during his lifetime:

1) She sits among the lima beans and peas

2) I can't get over a girl like you, so get up and close the window

3) Want to play Pearl Harbor? Go to sleep and I'll attack you.

The rest are too naughty to share - He was a naughty man and litearlly chased me around the house.

I miss my Pops :(
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Crud, I'm in another mood.... This whole "being an emotional woman" thing really stinks at times!

"Wanting him is hard to forget, loving him is hard to regret, losing him is hard to accept, but even with all the hurt I've felt, letting go is the most painful yet."

"Sometime you just have to hold your head up high, blink away the tears and say good-bye."

"You didn't intentionally break my heart, you even said you were sorry, but I cried anyway... I know the truth that you're too scared to admit, you're with her, but when you look at me, you can't even remember her name..."

"I cried today... not because I miss you... or even wanted you... but because I realized I'm gonna be all right without you."

"So... from now on... when you think of me... just remember that I could've been the best thing you ever had."

And that, my friends, is the scope of my emotions this morning.... what a ride, eh?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Ok, I'm going to put a lot of A Day To Remember quotes on here

"I gave you everything I had, until I had nothing left. Now you act as if I'm just a burden.
    I've finally let go."

"Don't threaten me with what you think I feel.
    If you could read my mind you'd be in tears."

"All I ever wanted to be was be the one who would wipe those tears from your eyes"

"You'll tell me that you care, and then run straight back to him"

That's just from one song ha ha
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Awww, shucks, Rome... those tears that were threatening to spill? Yeah... Its raining, babe!

Rah...

I've got to start working on an article - get my mind off all this!

Great quotes, by the way. :)
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:23 AM
    That's why I listen to them when I'm at my other job, because I get so angry over how she walked away from everything I don't even let sadness show.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 08:28 AM
    But you know, even on this insane emotional roller-coaster I am reminded that I choose the way I live each moment. I choose to feel sad, wounded, upset, and angry or I choose to feel content, resolved, beautiful, and yes, happy.

So, today I have chosen to get off this emotional roller coaster and take a ride on that delightful porch swing... the swing on which I can sit and watch the sunset while reflecting on the amazing blessings of my life.

I'm reveling in my beautiful moments.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 10:09 AM
    HC, is the following an original? You have your sig of "Don't sell yourself short," etc. as an original. But I wasn't sure about this one. If I ever use it, just want to credit it to the writer.

Always remind me that my tears have made my rainbow.
    My failures, my heartaches, my mistakes have made my rainbow. My beautiful reminder of grace. My promise in the storm.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 10:10 AM
    I read "my tears have made my rainbow" and went from there...

So yes, it is partially original. The concept inspired me.

Thanks for that kudos! It makes me smile when things I write touch hearts.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    HC, is the following an original? You have your sig of "Don't sell yourself short," etc. as an original. But I wasn't sure about this one. If I ever use it, just want to credit it to the writer.
    Thanks for this question... I think I've fixed it in the signature...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search