Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Feb 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
    A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a witty person, but a pebble in the hands of a fool.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Its not a quote, but boy... Don't you love it? :D
    Attached Images

-

Feb 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
    If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake.

Love, love, love - all the wretched can't of it, masking egotism, lust, masochism, fantasy under a mythology of sentimental postures.

So, like a forgotten fire, a childhood can always flare up again within us.

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on man unless they act.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. (one I'm reminded of daily) Maybe I need a faster angel:)
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:38 PM
    [QUOTE=HistorianChick]"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."[/QUOTE

"Is this your original or author unknown"? Pretty funny.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Wish I could claim it... for I KNOW the author's frustration! Today, especially!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Got to spread the love, HC. My boss is going to love the kickboxing quote!
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.
    - E. F. Schumacher

Never argue with a fool. Someone watching may not be able to tell the difference.
    - Anonymous

Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.
    - Ashleigh Brilliant

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.
    - Anonymous
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Annnnnd some quotes dedicated to my drink of choice, coffee! :)

Amazing what caffeine and no sense of self-preservation can do.

Caffeine Binge: That which is necessary to function normally.

**DISCLAIMER: This mail was answered before my first coffee.** (should I add this to my signature! )

Just bring me my coffee, and s-l-o-w-l-y back away.

:D
    -

Feb 19, 2008, 05:30 PM
    It's hard to try and give your heart to someone when the last person you gave it to is still breaking it and won't give it back.

Everyone is always asking me what’s wrong, but I don’t even think it makes any sense, its just... my heart hurts.

And I hate that every time the phone rings... I want so badly for it to be you.

After all this time you still have this amazing power to make me feel absolutely crazy each time I see you.

I need you. I need that guy who can make me laugh just by the way he says hello when I pick up the phone, the guy who makes my hands shake when I'm sitting next to him, and the guy who isn't afraid to keep hugging me when I'm not ready to let go yet.

It's weird, yeah I miss you, but it's so much more then that. I miss the way my heart stopped at just the sight of you and that smile. The sad part about it is your smile isn't the only one that I'm missing. I miss my own, the one that's only there when yours is.

I can't breathe. It’s like this love I have is suddenly being overpowered by this pain I feel of him not loving me back.

Sometimes I feel like the heart and mind play tricks on each other. That just when you have got yourself convinced with one that something is what you want, the other steps in and makes you feel nothing but doubt.

All written by ~ Hollie Seals
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Going to be using one or two of those - claiming them as my own. Thanks K.
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Do you realize anybody reading these can tell what kind of mood were in, depending on the quotes we decide to post?

Mine will not be much different than yesterday.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 06:51 AM
    I've actually thought of that once or twice...

And judging from the over 2,000 views, that's a whole lot of people knowing how we are feeling!

And yet, they still come back for more!!

We're interesting, K! We're fascinating! We're mysterious - OK, well, the mystery is in what the mood will be for the day, not the actual interpreting! We're captivating!

:D
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 06:54 AM
    What happened to charming, great-looking and intelligent?
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 06:56 AM
    "They do not love that do not show their love"
    Two Gentlemen of Verona, Act I, Sc.2

"The private wound is deepest"
    Two Gentlemen of Verona, Act v, Sc.4

"Courage and comfort, all shall yet go well"
    King John, Act ii, Sc.4
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 08:04 AM
    I'm remembering the Rubber Band today...

When does a rubber band fly to a greater distance, when it is stretched or when it is thrown?

Do we as individuals remember the truth of the rubber band as we desperately try to keep our head above water while balancing life, love, bills, work, and family? Can we honestly say that we revel in the stretching of our daily life? Or, would we rather be simply left alone, thrown into a world of busyness with only a casual toss?

Remembering the rubber band gives meaning to daily struggles and brief periods of inner-insanity. It reminds us that we are going through these hardships not only for ourselves, but also for the benefit of others. It shows us that we are going to make it, that we are going to fly into the undiscovered future with our head held high and our spirits refreshed.

I'd rather be stretched and have a head start on the race than be tossed carelessly onto the track and left alone to watch others soar past.

I'm remembering the rubber band today. I'm being thankful for the stretching.

~A HistorianChick original~

:)
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Somebody who only reads newspapers and at best books of contemporary authors looks to me like an extremely near-sighted person who scorns eyeglasses. He is completely dependent on the prejudices and fashions of his times, since he never gets to see or hear anything else. And what a person thinks on his own without being stimulated by the thoughts and experiences of other people is even in the best case rather paltry and monotonous. There are only a few enlightened people with a lucid mind and style and with good taste within a century. What has been preserved of their work belongs among the most precious possessions of mankind. We owe it to a few writers of antiquity (Plato, Aristotle, etc.) that the people in the Middle Ages could slowly extricate themselves from the superstitions and ignorance that had darkened life for more than half a millennium. Nothing is more needed to overcome the modernist's snobbishness.

(Albert Einstein, 1954)
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
    The closest to my idea of love: watching the skyline, making out, making mistakes, making believe desire means it’s with somebody else, then breaking up, and, if we’re lucky, forgiveness that comes right before take-off. There, I’ve said it. What more can one want? A lover who loves me as much as the rain. Rain, and, from the opening credits to the closing heart, Gershwin.

~ The Muse This Time by R Zamora Linmark
    -

Feb 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Kimmy Wallace: He’s got you on a pedestal and me in his arms.

George Downes: It’s amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.

George Downes: Tell him you love him. Bite the bullet.

Julianne Potter: This is my one chance at happiness. I have to be ruthless!

Julianne Potter: Michael… I love you. I’ve loved you for nine years, I’ve just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and… well, now I’m just scared. So, I realize this comes at a very inopportune time but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy. Oh, that sounds like three favors, doesn’t it?

~ My Best Friends Wedding
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 09:00 AM
    "I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible, and how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you, it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. and how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. and you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little peices of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade."

Iris - The Holiday

"Iris, in the movies, we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are the leading lady but for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend."

Arthur - The Holiday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search