Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2009, 04:12 PM

OK.. now tha the hormones cooled down loll we cool once again right criss?.
    Yea am going to agree with liz they do make cute clothes for girlss than boys lol

Jan 15, 2009, 04:22 PM

Yeaaa crissy wonderfullll... GOD BLESS and healthy pregnancies to us!!

Jan 16, 2009, 02:24 PM

OK so they throwing me this b-day party at this club on Saturday and trust me there will be a lots of drinking but am pregnant and they don't know yet... how should I play it off? I mean because usually ill have sip of drinks in clubs.. any suggestions??
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 03:00 PM

If you don't want them to know that you have already conceived... say you are trying to conceive and are doing it the right way. Stopping anything that may be a problem.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2009, 03:07 PM

Tell them you are taking some medicine and you don't want to mix it with alcohol. Depending on your comfort level with telling a fib... take a Tylenol before you go and you will be covered... :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Tell them you are taking some medicine and you don't want to mix it with alcohol. Depending on your comfort level with telling a fib....take a Tylenol before you go and you will be covered....:)

Good way too! Kgangpor, do you want them to know anything about this at all?

I thought the trying to conceive part would bring some fun to the party!
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Jan 16, 2009, 05:33 PM

Or tell them you're on a fast from alcohol. Pregnancy is a fast from a lot of things. Haa haaa I miss my blue cheese!

Jan 16, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    good way too! kgangpor, do you want them to know anything about this at all?

i thought the trying to conceive part would bring some fun to the party!
    Loooooooool I don't want them to know I just want them to see my stomach by my third month growing loll
    And doula I was actually thinking about the medecine thing lollll
    Lolll criss I hear you about the blue cheese

Thanks guys really great ideassss... thats why I always come here for answers 'caus you guys are sincerely the besttt!!

Jan 17, 2009, 09:08 AM

Ok, people, I'm a retard and was downing Coca Cola for 2 days straight and not realizing it had caffeine because I've never been a big soda drinker, but for some reason, I really wanted it for like 2 days straight. Do you think I've done any serious damage?
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyDi View Post
    Ok, people, I'm a retard and was downing Coca Cola for 2 days straight and not realizing it had caffeine because I've never been a big soda drinker, but for some reason, I really wanted it for like 2 days straight. Do you think I've done any serious damage?

In what to expect when you're expecting... it says most evidence has shown that drinking up to 200 mg of caffiene a day does no harm.

You do need to limit caffeine because it does cross the placenta, though to what extent and at what does it affects a fetus is not completely clear.

It does suggest, however, that high doses of caffeine intake slightly increases the chance of miscarriage in early pregnancy.

Just cut back on it, and you should be okay :)

Jan 17, 2009, 10:10 AM

Thanks Southern, my intentions are to have a glass every once in a while when my tummy needs a little settling or drink caffeine free during those times. I've been so sick, that now that I'm feeling better, I think I just went overboard. Hee Hee
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 01:37 PM

If you want something with carbonation to help the stomach... sprite, 7-up, siera mist... they all work great and are caffeine free.

So is root beer.

Jan 17, 2009, 06:35 PM

Cool, thanks Southern!

Jan 20, 2009, 02:30 AM

OK guys so am back everything went well... but damnnn all I've been dealing with is ribs pain and my body is so sore.. just can't believe ,I usually don't have this problem from dancing too muchh.. I hope ama get better since my first appointmnt is next week

Feb 2, 2009, 10:59 AM

I measured at 19cm and I am 14 weeks. But the baby was not measuring ahead when I went in 3 weeks ago. I asked the doctor if I was measuring large and she said, yes, and that was it. Should I be concerned? What should I be measuring?
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 11:20 AM

Generally you will measure the number of weeks you are, but there are several things that can account for the measurement to be off. Baby's position, number of pregnancies, length of your torso, location of the placenta, amount of amniotic fluid at the time they measure, as well as baby's size. The measurement is really just a rough guide and is one tool used to estimate baby's size and pattern of growth. Some women will be off, and by a considerable amount, throughout much of their pregnancy without it being an issue.
    If she was concerned, she would likely order a scan to do some more measurements.
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Feb 2, 2009, 02:33 PM

As far as recommendations go... I highly suggest the Peg Perego P3 stroller. It's super light (I throw it around with one hand) and it's easy to use (my arthritic grandmother can even collapse it and open it up.)

I also really love my Britax Boulevard (I think that's it) car seat. It's like a lazy boy recliner. And it's been great for my giant baby. He outgrew his infant seat at 5.5 months so I'm glad I found a good deal on his Britax seat. It has the side impact protection and is really nice.

I bought a cheap crib from WalMart and wouldn't change that. It's simple and reasonably attractive. And the money I saved on that allowed me to splurge on the stuff I really use a lot, the stroller and car seat.
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Feb 2, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Oh, and don't worry about measuring big. It's not the end of the world. There are so many different variables (that Doula kindly outlined) that it's not a great indication of whether something is off.

I had a big boy and didn't measure that big for most of my pregnancy. I wasn't measuring more than a centimeter or so ahead, but I have a 7.5 pound 19 inch baby at almost 36 weeks. And I had a girlfriend who measured huge for the first half of her pregnancy but had a 6.5 pound 19 inch baby at 41.5 weeks. So it's kind of iffy.

Feb 2, 2009, 03:15 PM

Girl- good point and thanks for the recommendation. Doula, wise as usual.

I know this might sound crazy of me since I've openly stated that I wanted twins. But does anyone this it's possible? They run in my family on my mother's side. Both she and my grandmother were pregnant with twins, but lost them to miscarrage. But I have others cousins who have had twins successfully.

I have gained so much weight and so rapidly even though I've been vomiting daily do to my blood sugar dropping. I've also been going poop a lot and so it just seems like food is never in my body long.

I had a dream about having multiples

I started showing at 8 weeks.

I feel movement all the time even though they say I shouldn't be able to feel it. (I know the difference between gas and something flicking you, the flutters, and the feeling of something turning upside down and spinning around in your belly. This activity happens almost daily.)

I'm measuring 19cm at 14 weeks.

I've been sick right from the start.

I had a positive pregnancy test before I even missed my period.

These are all things that just really make me feel maybe I don't have to worry about being so sick and gaining so much weight because maybe I'm having twins .

Ultrasound only shows one, but they normally just zoom in on the sac and that's it. I've gained like 2 lbs a week and the doctors are not concerned. I'm only 5'1, so I know I could show early because of a small torso, but they are telling me I can only gain 25lbs and I've gained at least 20 if not more because I can't exactly calcuate how much I weighed before because I was gaining weight just before I got pregnant. (My body was acting as if I was pregnant and my boobs were swollen and enlarged for a whole month before I got pregnant for real.)
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 03:30 PM

Possible, but unlikely. They usually don't miss it anymore these days. I would think they would have checked to be sure since you did have some possible signs early on. One big indicator might have been an exceptionally high hcg level earlier than than the norm, but even that can vary quite a bit.
    Any chance you are a bit farther along then first thought? Did baby measure on track in a scan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I still be pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the pass two month now and no luck. I normally have a 26 cycle but last month it was 31. My last period was 20 March, my period was due yesterday but no signs of it. I did an pregnancy test today and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had sexual intercourse a couple of months ago, I took the morning after pill after because I was worried that something could have slipped. I got my period shortly after I took the pill, and I have bled every month since, but it does not feel like a regular period. I know the pill is known for...

View more questions Search