Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Nov 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    I think that she means the box that God put Himself in - you know the limitations that he won't lie, won't sin, won't teach false doctrine, etc....

You know, you try to lighten the mood, and that's what you get. :confused:

BTW : great job with the apologetics :)

g&p
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    FYI, I spent 2/3 of my life holding on tightly to that tiny box. God gave me the strength to open the box and let him out.
    My God said that He never changes, and I cherish the box that He placed Himself in. Because He so limited Himself by saying that He would never leave us or forsake us, he limited Himself to be ever faithful, He limited Himself to never lie or sin, He limited Himself when He came to earth as a man by humbling Himself even to death on the cross for our sin, He limited Himself to never mislead us with false teachings or false doctrines.

I cherish that box that He placed Himself in.

I could not trust nor worship any other God.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 07:19 PM

when we didn't,
    Who's this we you speak of? I haven't had a problem with anyone but you.

Why do I refuse to stop defending my faith? Why do you refuse to stop defending yours?
    This thread isn't about defending your faith, it's about learning others beliefs and learning to accept those beliefs. You said that I expect you to accept my belief, it's worse then that Tom, I expect you to accept everyone's beliefs, that's how we'll truly find peace.

I would dearly love to see this thread get off the personal abuse and back to a respectful discussion.
    That's what I want as well, but it obviously not going to happen.

I am tired of your false accusations and abuse, but you don't push me off with abuse
    I've never abused you, I've simply asked that you refrain from preaching and pushing your faith on others. This thread is not called "Let Tom tell you that his way is the only way" it's about discussing dfferent beliefs and why we believe what we do. It's about learning something about each other and our faith. It's about accepting each other for who we are, not what we believe. This is not one of your seminars.

I haven't started. But I am glad to hear that you are done.
    And with those words I realize that I'm fighting a losing battle, a battle I didn't want to begin with. You won't ever stop will you? You'll just keep coming back over and over again trying to pick a fight.

I'm asking the mods to close the thread, this is not what I had hoped would happen, but I guess I should have expected it.

I'm sorry everyone, I really had high hopes for this thread but I guess we really can't discuss relgion and be civil to one another, I guess it was a pipe dream.

I'm sorry.

Thank you for those who came to share their beliefs, I really enjoyed hearing how your faith came to be. I really appreciate everyone opening a part of their lives so that we could all get to know each other better. I wish it had worked out.

Good bye.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
    This thread has gotten way off topic and there is too much bickering going on here. Therefore, the thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

Should I accept? [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy online about 2 weeks ago. We went on 1 date, and he met my mother when I he picked me up... I am VERY comfotable around him :o, he has all the qualities that I look for, and yesterday he asked me to be his girlfriend... :eek: I don't know if I should wait and get to know him a...

How do I accept that this is over? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here, and trying to get through this utterly desperate period after my breakup. My ex and I have been together for 6 1/2 years, with a break early on in the relationship for about a year. We've pretty much grown up together, dating long distance in college and then after. We're long...

Will they ever accept me? [ 6 Answers ]

This isn't to do with adult sexuality but I couldn't find a place to post this so I'm sorry. I am a pre-op transsexual - female to male (ftm). I have always been more of a boy from a baby and have hated my body and girly things. I've always been more attracted to boys clothes, toys etc and the 1st...

I don't know how to accept his sexuality. [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now, and just recently he opened up to me about his sexual past. He told me early on he had one boyfriend before me, but he told me that was a one-off at a party that carried on and they did nothing sexual. He admitted he lied and told me that he had 2...

View more questions Search