Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2011, 11:06 AM
    So liberals parade around with them at liberal protests... post them on the internet and pretend they were from a tea party event that none can be attributed to in reality. Because they don't find anything like that which is legitimate.

Then the use the" Well its on the Internet so it must be true".

Like all the Global Warming evidence... and the Pot is the most healthy substance known to man evidence.

All liberal sites... known for dreaming up stuff, like the NAACP and Huffington comPost.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:

Google, images, tea party racist signs...

tea party racist signs - Google Search

excon
    That doesn't exactly confirm those were actual Tea Party people or infiltrators and you know the Tea Party - as well as I do - condemns racism, violence, etc. No one has to call the cops to crack down on Tea Party violence... except for union thugs stirring up crap and that one small incident in Quincy, IL... and no one needs delousing at Tea Party events.

Meanwhile, the occupiers have been rioting in Oakland and Atlanta, blockading businesses, assaulting street vendors in San Diego, $10 million in arson in Fort Collins, Co, squatting on private property, terrorizing business owners and their employees, destroying private property and creating health hazards.

Yeah, they're just alike.

P.S. The media has made plenty of noise about the Tea Party, deserved or not, real or manufactured. The questions is, when will they cover the ugly side of OWS?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Hello again, Steve:

I only showed you the signs because you home in on stuff like that.. I was just trying to say that it's even... I truly don't believe the Tea Party is racist, just like I don't believe the OWS's are anti Semitic.

If I just focused on the tea party's signs, I'd never understand what they're about... But, I don't do that.

You, and your minions, however, focus on the OWS'rs signs, their dirt, their hair, their houses, their sh1t... ANYTHING but the reason they're demonstrating... You're going to miss some stuff if that's all you do. You know, you're not REQUIRED to wear the right wing blinders.. You CAN look beyond them, if you wanted..

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Nah, I don't wear blinders. To me character matters, and it does to you too and I know that because of the way you talk about Rush Limbaugh. I have no respect for racists, just as I have no respect for people that have no respect for the things of others. I really don't care what they're pissed about as long as they act that way.

Besides, as I've pointed out more than once this whole thing wa supposed to be about their "one demand." I still don't know what it is. No one knows what they want except their way.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Nov 11, 2011, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Heck...its clear the Anarchists aren't much better liked by the left than by the right...but more lefties do like them than righties do. Even if those numbers aren't large.

They would get lynched if they showed up at a Tea Party event....not welcomed like they are at the OWS "Poo in the Park" event.

Come on smoothy, you are making this up.

No one understands how anarchism fits into 21 st century politics.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 03:32 AM
    He's not making it up Tut, the reality is there are anarchists on both sides. Right now OWS and our own home grown variety are showing themselves to be obnoxious on many levels with the objective of disruption, a lunitic fringe of a few individuals

Nov 11, 2011, 04:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    he's not making it up Tut, the reality is there are anarchists on both sides. right now OWS and our own home grown variety are showing themselves to be obnoxious on many levels with the objective of disruption, a lunitic fringe of a few individuals
    Hi Clete,

I'm not always happy with this, but yes. If we are talking in broad terms, then I'll go along with it.

If you get two extreme positions then it can attract anarchists on both sides. Right wing anarchist could see government as a threat to freedom while the OWS sees government as a 'handmaiden' to powerful corporations.

Perhaps this goes some way to answering the question of OWS single demand. It is possible to be an anarchist and not know it.

In the end, both the left and right fill some type on minimal requirement ( what ever that is) for being an anarchist when it comes to extreme views.

Are anarchist much better liked by the left than the right? Historically no. The future will be interesting.

Tut
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 04:36 AM
    while the OWS sees government as a 'handmaiden' to powerful corporations.
    Perhaps they do think that . But when asked they will admit is that they want even more of the same. Oh they couch it in language like "regulation" . But in the end it amounts to a cozy relationship with industry and a command and control government .

Nov 11, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Perhaps they do think that . But when asked they will admit is that they want even more of the same. Oh they couch it in language like "regulation" . But in the end it amounts to a cozy relationship with industry and a command and control government

Hi Tom,

Of course. They are smart enough to know where the real power resides. Come to think of it, doesn't everybody? Being a handmaiden has its benefits.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    The future will be interesting.

Tut
    Now that I can agree with. I haven't worked out what our version of the OWS is protesting about. Perhaps it is the success of our banks in being prudent or just their success. Perhaps it is that that they aren't allowed to occupy anything for more that a few hours, none of those silly freedoms here, but given that uni doesn't recommence until next year we can expect the great unwashed to provide us with an interesting protest season
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 04:11 PM
    For all the dirt thrown at the protestors, I think its wise not to assume that just because they haven't physically joined the protest, that they are not as angry about conditions as the ones who are protesting.

Maybe those 600,000 who pulled their money from the big banks didn't shut it down, but they made a statement you can't ignore. A brewing climate of unrest for sure.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    A brewing climate of unrest for sure.
    Perhaps it would behove the protesters to contemplate what they are going to do after the European crunch hits, they will have something new to protest about as government cuts back because it just doesn't have any money any more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 04:24 PM
    LOL, Clete, we have plenty of money, its just not being circulated because its being hoarded. I dare say that if things get worse here, there will be more people in the streets, not less.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 04:32 PM
    They haven't thought that part through . Meanwhile there are deaths in the encampments now . 3 in the last few days in Oakland, New Orleans, and Burlington, Vt.

The details are unclear but the Oakland one is a shooting ,the Vt. One appears to be a self inflicted one;and the New Orleans one is unclear... the man was found dead in his tent.

Time for the protesters to go home . Thanksgiving is coming and mom and dad have the fatted turkey to cook for the return of the prodigal ones.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 04:46 PM
    there are deaths in the encampments now . Time to go home
    Hello again, tom:

I remember Nara, an Iranian girl killed by the government. I don't remember you saying THEY should go home.. In fact, I think you supported that uprising...

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 05:00 PM
    that's right I do support uprisings against the despots in Tehran who murdered Neda Agha-Soltan from the regimes snipers randomly firing into the crowd . Are you comparing that to this ?
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 06:11 PM
    Are you comparing that to this ?
    Hello again, tom:

They're SHADES of the same thing... People want to be free from the yoke of oppression wherever they find it, be it a despot that's holding them down, or an oligarch.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 06:16 PM
    We have one of those despots that wall street had in their pocket sitting in the White house now.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2011, 02:03 AM
    The guy in New Orleans had been dead for 2 days and nobody noticed .

Now they are getting 'Zuccotti Lung' living in the unsanitary encampment in NYC.

As the weather turns, the protesters in Zuccotti Park, the nexus of the Occupy Wall Street protests in Lower Manhattan, have been forced to confront a simple truth: packing themselves like sardines inside a public plaza, where cigarettes are shared and a good night’s sleep remains elusive, may not be conducive to good health.

“Pretty much everything here is a good way to get sick,” said Salvatore Cipolla, 23, from Long Island. “It’ll definitely thin the herd.”...

Even some camping in the park have grown concerned in recent weeks with the living quarters. Damp laundry and cardboard signs, left in the rain, have provided fertile ground for mold. Some protesters urinate in bottles, or occasionally a water-cooler jug, to avoid the lines at public restrooms. Food, from orange peels to scrambled eggs, is often discarded outside tents.

“I’m amazed that in a park full of revolutionaries, there are large contingents that can’t throw away their own trash,” said Jordan McCarthy, 22, a member of the protesters’ sanitation team.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/ny...cern.html?_r=1
    I'm amazed he's amazed. I predicted this would happen as they devolve into a 'Lord of the Flies' world. They don't have mommy doing their laundy for them and cleaning up after them so this was predictable.
    It's happening in Atlanta too.
    http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2011/11/...atlantas-base/
    Time to go home. Mommy has some chicken soup on the stove.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 03:26 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I don't know if you noticed, but when you put down the protesters, which is ALL you do, I disregard it... It's so much fluff. It's MEANINGLESS. It's like concentrating on the nice rain, instead of the flood it causes... It's like talking about the clothes Romney wears instead of what he says.. It makes me think you live in a bubble, where ONLY the stuff you want gets in.

Until and unless you speak to the REASONS for the protest, instead of fluff, I'm going to be as meaningless BACK to you, as you are to me... So, as long as you talk about how dirty they are, or how there's some anarchists mixed in with 'em, or they sh1t everywhere, you won't garner MY interest...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Percent return on assets and a 75 percent retention ratio. What is the internal growt [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. I have some bus finance questions which I am having some trouble with. I would appreciate anyhelp. Thank you.

11 is what percent of 29? [ 9 Answers ]

What percent of 29 is 11?

Percent changes [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me out with this? On December 31, 1995, there were an estimated 411 prison inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents. This number rose to an estimated 476 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents by December 31, 2002. a.What percentage of the U.S. population were prison inmates at the...

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common [ 2 Answers ]

Percy Motors has a target capital structure of 40 percent debt and 60 percent common equity, with no preferred stock. The yield to maturity on the company's outstanding bonds is 9 percent, and its tax rate is 40 percent. Percy's CFO estimates that the company's WACC is 9.96 percent. What is Percy's...

Percent proportion [ 2 Answers ]

OK I don't get this one question on my homework and I do not understand it can you help me with this please The question is:90 is 60% of what number

View more questions Search