Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 12:17 AM
    Cred,
    Believe it or not I ask question to get answers.
    Whether you think that are worthwhile or not bothers me not at all.
    I already know from years of past experience what your answers will be; at least one of about 2 dozen different ones you have constantly used over the last 6 ot 7 years.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
    inthebox,
    Yes indeed that would be awesome.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Nov 14, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Dear Fred,

And I already know from years of past experience what your answers will be; at least the one you have constantly used over the last 6 to 7 years. An answer entirely based on BELIEF only!!

Peace and kindness to you too,

John

:)

Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Cred,
    I have thousands of different answers for I am not limited to badgering people about belief.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    -

Nov 14, 2008, 07:20 PM
    No Fred : you don't.
    All you have is your BELIEF and FAITH in the existence of "God".
    And that is fine with me.

But that is not any valid support to elevate what you BELIEVE into the domain of reality...

Peace and kindness to you 2,

John
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Cred, pleas don't wevenm try to tell me what I have of have not.
    You have know idea,
    You mind is closed to what I have.
    Fred
    -

Nov 15, 2008, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    cred, pleas don't wevenm try to tell me what I have of have not.
    You have know idea, You mind is closed to what I have. Fred
    Dear Fred : you can CLAIM that, but it ain't correct, and you know that.
    Indeed I do not know every little thought between your ears. And I never claimed I know that.
    But I know that all are related to the main line, the unsupported claim of the existence of "God".

My mind is not closed to religious beliefs and ideas. I even respect such ideas and beliefs.
    What I do not respect is the innerneed by some Christians to demand and insist that what they BELIEVE is "true" and factual, without ever being able to support their wild religious claims beyond the subjective level.

Those Christians who can respect my views on this can count on my full support towards their religious worldview (I actually support many RC activities and donate generously towards worthwhile projects). Those who don't still receive my respect for their religious views, but not for their wild religious claims and conclusions.

That, dear Fred, is why whatever "miracles" (read illusions, tricks) would be performed by whomever, it would have no influence on my worldview that - in view of the lack of even the slightest iota of OSE thereto - excludes supernatural entities , simply because they do not seem to exist.

Just as in the topic "Objective Suggested Evidence for the existence of "Objective Suggested Evidence for the existence of ", where I underline that for many non-believers to accept the existence of ", where I underline that for many non-believers to accept the existence of " ONLY Direct Objective Supported Evidence for the existence of that same "God" will do. Nothing else's. Not even illusions and (party) tricks , like performing "miracles"!!

Have a nice day, Fred!!

:)

classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 12:44 PM

Cred,

The Question that Fred asked is if you saw JESUS perform miracles would you believe. You have answered. You wouldn't. Thank you for that. Now run along and be obnoxious somewhere else.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 04:58 PM
    classyT,
    Thanks much.
    Fred
    -

Nov 15, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Cred,
    The Question that Fred asked is if you saw JESUS perform miracles would you believe. You have answered. You wouldn't. Thank you for that. Now run along and be obnoxious somewhere else.
    There are no rules on the number of times you are allowed to reply in a topic.
    Besides that : I won't run along anything, and I am only obnoxious in the eyes of the intolerant religious fundamentalists. People like you.

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    There are no rules on the number of times you are allowed to reply in a topic.
    Besides that : I won't run along anything, and I am only obnoxious in the eyes of the intolerant religious fundamentalists. People like you.

Yeah, I know there are no rules to the number of times you can say the same thing over and over and over. IT's just that you bore us to tears.

Oh cred... I love it when you call me intolerant religious fundamentalist... how you do go on! ;)

Psst. You ARE obnoxious and others think so too... they just aren't as honest as me.:D
    -

Nov 15, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    ... they just aren't as honest as me.
    You and honest ? If that were true it would be a real miracle!! :D
    Your claim on that Biology degree comes to mind : you can change the handle, but you're still the same person !

:D :D :D :D :D

Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
    !!
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Dec 26, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    michealb,
    The obvious I spoke of was REAL miracles which could not be faked and have been proven so many, many times.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Such as? Be specific and be ready to back it up with first hand fact.

Dec 26, 2008, 05:07 PM
    [QUOTE=arcura;1307077]michealb.
    Sorry, I do not believe that all miracles could be faked.
    If the are miracles they are not fake.
    A fake diamond is a fake not a diamond. The same for so-called fake miracles.
    I have seen miracles and know that they were not faked for I knew the people involved.
    Some years ago there was a TV program called That's Incredible.
    On it there were several miracles performed that were tested by doctors and scientists to verify that they were not faked.
    On particular one was absolutely amazing.
    A Catholic priest, Father D'Orio, said that it was the holy spirit that caused a man born with one leg shorted than the other to grow right there on camera in front of witnesses who knew the man and scientists who examined him
    There are thousands of such cases.
    Whether you believe them or not the record of them stands in many places around the world.
    You are probably like those mentioned in the bible that did not believe.
    I do believe what I saw and knew the people involved. They were not fakes.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)[/QUOTE

How do you know they were not fakes? A leg grew right there on camera in front of witnesses? With all these thousands of cases documented, why would we need doctors or hospitals. Why not just call one of these miracle performers?

Dec 26, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI View Post
    The guy above just does not get it NO MATTER WHAT!

There are 3 of them, 2 more prevalent than the third but still. They participate in EVERY religious discussion trying to find fault with everything said. In truth, I'd wager nobody on these boards finds them insightful nor welcome for that matter in regards to religious discussion.

Sorry Arcura, I just think it wrong for these three to enter into every discussion whether it is about the existence of God or not.
    Your statement is unfair. If you are so confident of your beliefs, you should have no problem defending it. Heck, you might even convert someone. I welcome their insight and I am a believer in god. I just don't fall for every religious freako out there.

Dec 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    Why doesn't god heal all people then or at least all of his followers?

Surely the five year old dying of cancer who has done nothing wrong in their life is just as worthy of being healed as anyone else.

Why has god never healed an amputee?
    I wonder the same thing. Why would God heal some and leave others to suffer and die?
    Make it good. Not just another vague "we don't know Gods plan" cop out answer. I'm so fed up with empty answers.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 26, 2008, 05:27 PM

Matt 13:58
    58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
    (KJV)

Matt 17:19-20
    19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
    20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
    (KJV)

Unbelief keeps us from receiving the miracles that we need.

Rom 3:3
    3 For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    (KJV)

Our unbelief does not change what God can and will do in response to unwavering faith.

Does this answer your question?

Dec 26, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    I don't know that I believe in God in any sort of traditional sense, but I like Jesus; not so much those that interpret him or the bible. In my life I have met and heard a great many Christian and one thing is for certain, not all of them interpret the bible in the same way.

However, being sort of a non-believer I am here to learn more in my quest with regard to my existence or help people examine their beliefs through the prism of my life experiences and what 'God' has revealed to me personally; if that makes sense to anyone...lol.

Note: I answered the original post about a page ago.
    It makes perfect sense to me. I am so in agreement with you. However, I do believe in a personal god for me. But that does not stop me for wanting to know more and explore and examine others beliefs. And, I am too much of realist to fall for everything coming down the pike.;)

Dec 26, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Texas Parent, I think we may have very similar beliefs.

I myself am a Deist;

Deism is the belief that a supreme God exists and created the physical universe, and that religious truths can be arrived at by the application of reason alone, without dependence on revelation. It is in contrast with fideism, found in many forms of Christianity[1], Islamic and Judaic teachings, which holds that religious truths rely upon revelation in sacred scriptures and upon the testimony of other people as well as reasoning.

Deists typically reject most supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and tend to assert that God has a plan for the universe, which he does not alter by intervening in the affairs of human life nor by suspending the natural laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources. Deists believe that God's greatest gift to humanity is not religion, but the ability to reason.
    Thank you Alten. I now know what to call myself. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is Jesus to you? [ 175 Answers ]

Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? No trick, just want to discuss...

What kind of work is Jesus teaching about here? [ 10 Answers ]

Matthew 25:14. `It is like a man about to go abroad who summoned his servants and entrusted his property to them. 15. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to a third one, each in proportion to his ability. Then he set out on his journey. 16. The man who had received the five talents...

Morbidly Obese and need to loose weight now- any miracles [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need any advice, insiraptional storie, food diaries, in fact anywting Im a 21 year old female who is fearful to say weighs 22 stone I have managed. I have always been heavy for my age and come from a family if big people however I have come gto braking point I look in the mirror and don't...

There never was a Jesus? God? [ 165 Answers ]

I'm an atheist and have been since I was very young. I always had a great argument due to being brought up in a religious home, but never had the answer as to how religion came into play. My friend brought this video over to my house and it seemed a little boring at first, then about ten minutes...

Super Natural Miracles Testimonies! [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I am in need of a super natural miracle, I believe God is a miracle worker and through his son Jesus Christ we a conquerors. I need to work on my faith, and study the word of God, this is where I lack in my life. My question is, is there anyone out there who have been blessed in...

View more questions Search