Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Never-Again Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Your messing yourself up honestly get help ! If not then your going to look and feel like crap permanantly! You might even go insane but who knows your choices and you seem to make pretty bad choices lol sorry but it's trrue have fun drinking though.. see you
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Feb 14, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Fair enough.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
    I used to drink in college, went to a lot of parties. My friends slowly went away though. There were new ones then, they'd hang around until I was drunk enough to give them money, or let them borrow my car. More than 10 years out of college, I had lost all of my friends, cars and jobs and, and.

They say that you have to hit bottom. Bottom is where, and when you stop digging. I should have stopped in college, but it was all around me and what would I tell my friends? The lesson can take hold in college, or it can become clear later.

It became clear to me when I worked (hungover) in a state run nursing home. Over 30% of the people living there, were there because of alcoholism. All the alkies were 35 or older. (That gives you what, about 12-15 years?) There was one man there who was in a wheelchair. His mouth was always open, because he didn't remember to shut it. He could not talk except in grunts and he ate whatever he could grab. Wrapped sandwiches went right in, plastic and all. He was 55, and his only real problem in his whole life was alcohol. They had plenty of wheelchairs, one for me, one for you.

AA is both anonymous and free. Sponsors do not charge and if you really want help, you've got it. AA however, is not for those who need it. It is there for those who want it. By going, you will meet other girls just like you. Then you will have friends who do not drink. There, you can get to know people who understand just how hard it is to quit.

Feb 14, 2008, 11:19 PM
    I see...

Feb 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
    OK so I am having this relationship thing going on rite now and it kind of ties into the whole alcohol and drugs thing.

This guy Brad has been friends w. me for 3 yrs now. He liked me frosh yr and asked me to date him. I rejected him, because I wasn't feeling into him. Now 3 yrs later we hooked when we were durnk the other night. Now he's asking me again if I can give him a chance... I kind of didn't respond and he got the vibe I didn't want to... he pouted, bicthed and asked me what I was feeling... I can't really put it into words, I just don't think he's rite for me. He drinks a lot... smokes pot and ciggs... he's not to into school. He's been introuble w. the school... and he moves very fast. He is all about sex and I am not. I'm always too scared w. the pregnancy thing. I've got so much on the line. He's very pushy and likes public affection... I never really had a "boyfriend" so I think I'm also feeling nervous to go into something especially w. him. I just think he's trouble, esp for me. I just don't know what to do because I do like him at times and sometimes I don't... but all he wants is a chance. He said we'll quit pot and alcohol together. But I no he can't he's tried before...

I'm sorry this is so long I just got bak from smoking w. him and having a long talk and I'm confused... and high... and I need some advice. You all have been so good to me and I trust your opionions.

Thanku.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Honey! You can't say anything about or base any argument upon the fact that he "drinks a lot, smokes pot and cigs" because Darlin, you know your own addiction to alcohol (and, as you're writing this you admit to being "high" after coming back from smoking with him).

It sounds like you are seeing yourself in him and rejecting him because he is what you don't want to become...

Bottom line: you don't need to be in a relationship with anyone until you are well enough to be IN the relationship. You need to take care of yourself before you even think of a guy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
    I have already read your other posts, and being inexperienced has caused you to focus on the wrong things. When you are ambiguous as you are to a relationship, then Don't do it. Leave yourself open to other options that may be healthier, and more emotionally rewarding. Why screw up with the first thing that shows you attention?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 15, 2008, 02:56 PM
    You need to focus on your mental health before you worry about a relationship. Once you are sober and on track, then you can look for a guy with the attributes you want. You should steer clear of this guy. Don't be with someone you don't feel that way about. Tell him that the only reason you "hooked up" was because you were drinking and, no offence, he isn't the guy for you. Tell him it was a mistake and you are sorry if it led him on. You won't get him to quit, he will get you to drink and use drugs more. When you go into the relationship trying to change someone, it usually doesn't work. More often than not, the person you are trying to change drags you down with him/her.

Feb 15, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Wow.. thanks for the advice... I think I will tell him.. no ofense your just not for me... when he asked why what should I say? Lol

Feb 15, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Just tell him the truth. Tell him that you aren't attracted to him in that way. Tell him that you don't think being in a relationship with someone who drinks and does drugs is a good thing for you. Tell him that you aren't ready for a relationship right now and that he moves too fast for you as far as sex. Hope this helps! :)

Feb 15, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Wow... thanks again. I hope this works... he's the last thing I need. I think this is the rite thing to do. Hopefully I can tell him...
    Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
    The truth is you only like him when your drunk. It may break his heart, but he can drown that in a bottle. (most people look better when your drunk, that holds for all of us)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justme005
    i think this is the rite thing to do. hopefully i can tell him...
    No. Say it this way:

This is the right thing to do.

I will tell him.

In fact, don't tell him anything. Stay away from him.

Feb 15, 2008, 04:20 PM
    OK even better. But thatll be tough

Feb 15, 2008, 04:43 PM
    It'll be tough but it's the best thing for you. And the best thing for him too, although he may not see it that way at first. Otherwise he will be hanging around you, hoping that maybe he has a chance, when in reality he has none. He might be sad, but I'm sure he will appreciate your honesty.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Who ever said life was easy??

Feb 15, 2008, 07:41 PM
    I did. Haha

Feb 17, 2008, 09:54 AM
    I need help.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 10:52 AM
    We know.

Feb 17, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Drrrrrrrrrrrunnnnnnnnnnk again. Talking to mymadviors tomorrow. If I have the balls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

View more questions Search