Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Aug 4, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DazT
    She text me first thing in the morning after that night (it was Wednesday night).. she told me she regretted nothing and that she meant everything she said on Wednesday night. But since Thursday.. she has made no effort to talk to me or make any contact so at the minute we haven't talked since Thursday. BUT, she had a casual boyfriend on Wednesday night and I've been told since that they have broken up.

She's back in my head again after I thought I had gotten over her.. *sigh*.
    I thought not talking to them made things hard but it's TALKING to them that can really affect the healing process. My ex finally decided to message me saying he cares (about the miscarriage I assume) and he didn't think things would get so out of control and he doesn't know what to do etc etc. I decided to be mature and not make him feel terrible like I wanted so I gave him a time and place to meet me so we could talk and told him he better be there, he didn't reply but he got the message.Waited for like an hour---no show. Got home, "thanked" him for standing me up. He said he never agreed to meet and I'm not ready to meet him face to face. I told him I was ready to see him when I lost our baby because my only priority then was getting through it. He ignored me. I feel as depressed as I did the day we broke up... :(
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Well. Now you know.

First, he gives you this idea of him needing you... needing to talk, etc.

Then, you finally decide to help him out.

... then, he stands you up, and tells YOU that he's not ready to talk.

... really? He's being selfish about this? c'monnnnn.

You tried. Done deal. If he wants to talk, he can contact you... and even then, I'm not so sure you should give him a chance.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Aug 4, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    well. now you know.

first, he gives you this idea of him needing you...needing to talk, etc.

then, you finally decide to help him out.

...then, he stands you up, and tells YOU that he's not ready to talk.

...really? he's being selfish about this? c'monnnnn.

you tried. done deal. if he wants to talk, he can contact you...and even then, I'm not so sure you should give him a chance.
    Thank you xx I couldn't agree more I was JUST thinking that If he decided he wanted to talk to me I'm not sure I even would I am just sick of him and his selfishness. He didn't even say he's not ready to talk HE told ME that I'M not ready to see him and that "I know it". It's just disappointing, just as I was realising that he is not at all a horrible person and that he's just never really been taught better and he is very childish and doesn't understand the impact his words/actions have on others, I get a message from him which I feel confirms it, and he's gone back to acting as though I don't exist. SIGH- SO.HURTFUL. I hate myself for still being in love with someone that does this to me.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Aug 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    I don't want to go into what happened, but it suffices to say that I am hurt and feeling pissed off. Even though we complicated things a few weekends ago, I've put it aside and tried to be a friend. I've been really nice, cordial, and considerate, which is a turn for me in contrast to interactions with my past bfs/exes. So why the hell is he treating me like sh*t? I break NC because he explicitly asks me to do a favor that I promised to do a while back. Plenty of time and energy goes into this favor, and I don't even get a measly thanks. I text him to make sure he got the thing. No response.

I know that I'm not supposed to act out of spite, but if he's going to act like an , I'm going to be "mean" and "insensitive" (his words) and give him a taste of his own medicine.

My patience has run out.
    Stephen100 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Well stay in that room and don't coem out till u've learned something!

Aug 4, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Hmmm. Oops. He just replied with thanks. Nevertheless, am staying in the room.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 4, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jiltedgirl
    I don't want to go into what happened, but it suffices to say that I am hurt and feeling pissed off. Even though we complicated things a few weekends ago, I've put it aside and tried to be a friend. I've been really nice, cordial, and considerate, which is a turn for me in contrast to interactions with my past bfs/exes. So why the hell is he treating me like sh*t? I break NC because he explicitly asks me to do a favor that I promised to do a while back. Plenty of time and energy goes into this favor, and I don't even get a measly thanks. I text him to make sure he got the thing. No response.

I know that I'm not supposed to act out of spite, but if he's gonna act like an , I'm going to be "mean" and "insensitive" (his words) and give him a taste of his own medicine.

My patience has run out.
    Cut ties and change your number.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Oh j.

... oh j.

You doing OK?
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Aug 6, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    2 months after break up..

I've been working out more often... pushing my muscles until they are so sore I can't lift any more weights..

I've been talking to advanced schooling program and I am 100% looking at it.

Anyways, I called my ex-gf's mom the day after the earthquake struck Los Angeles and all the way to parts of San Diego & Las Vegas.. we talked for a bit and she asked me for my sisters' phone which I gave out. But, the mom did say that my ex rarely talks and hangs out with some friends which was it. Her mom also said that my ex has not been dating anyone else; she questions me if I have been dating other girls or if I had a new girlfriend and I told her I have no time for a girlfriend right now.

I also told her that I'm going to be working out and study for a whole year.. When I finish schooling, I'll join the Army next summer and go through training. Then I'll go back to college and study while work.. by then, I'll graduate with a degree and earning money while my ex is wondering for a job.

That's pretty much my whole life after I got banned... LoL

Hey hjpan. Dude I like your plan. I was in the army for 9 years. Depending on the job you pick in the army do not expect to have time to take a significant number of college classes. If you want to do college in the military I suggest staying away from infantry, artillery or any other combat arms jobs. I would also keep away from engineering or mechanics. For going to school the best jobs that allow time for college are the clerical types.
    gg23 Posts: 72, Reputation: 12

Aug 6, 2008, 08:52 AM
    OK guys... if you remember... I mentioned awhile back that I would go skydiving as part of my putting an end to this whole bu bs... I went two days ago with 7 of my friends, one of them being the girl I have been seeing for 2 months post break up... I m definitely doing better than earlier. She keeps me focus on her even though I still have feelings for my ex, but having her in my life has made a tremendous difference. I don't know how ty my summer would be without this new gal... anyway hope you are all doing well. Ttyl
    jammyb Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Aug 8, 2008, 02:15 AM
    Does anyone else's emotions come in waves? Its been... jesus... 4 months since me and the ex broke up (I didn't even realise it had been that long). I thought I was over her up until a few days ago, but the past few days things have been worse than they've been for a while. Except this time I'm genuinely missing her (as her, and not my girlfriend, if that makes sense), rather than feeling depressed or betrayed etc. I don't know whether that's part of this grieving process or not.

Aug 8, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    oh j.

...oh j.

you doing ok?
    Lol

Oh J xD

I'm doing alright~

Aug 8, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by f104
    Hey hjpan. Dude I like your plan. I was in the army for 9 years. Depending on the job you pick in the army do not expect to have time to take a significant number of college classes. If you want to do college in the military I suggest staying away from infantry, artillery or any other combat arms jobs. I would also keep away from engineering or mechanics. For going to school the best jobs that allow time for college are the clerical types.

Haha xD

Thanks bro :)

I actually am looking at mental health therapist... I'm a psych major :)
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Aug 9, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Hjpan mental health therapist would be a good choice. When I first started in the military I was a respitory therapist. Medical field should allow your time for school. Just make sure you do not end up as a combat medic in a combat arms unit.

Aug 9, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Ahem... I'm doing FINE. Let me just put that out there lol...
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Aug 9, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing fine... Keep going, it gets better :)

A little more than three months one, I'm feeling good. Don't have down time anymore really. Going back to school soon for the final year, sucks a little bit since I know I'll be bored. But I'm upset more about not having as mnuch fun at school than being lonely/missing her. Those days seem to be gone now :)

Keep it up everyone

Aug 9, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by f104
    Hjpan mental health therapist would be a good choice. When I first started in the military I was a respitory therapist. Medical field should allow your time for school. Just make sure you do not end up as a combat medic in a combat arms unit.
    I've also thought of jump school too =/

Aug 11, 2008, 07:35 PM
    This thread is dead.. lol

So, I found out my ex deleted me from Facebook which is all right cause I'm going to study and work as well as joining the military. Hopefully, I'll fly to her parents' place and get my stuff as well as trash her room.

It sounds childish but she's being a 8itch and won't return my books I lend her.

Aug 11, 2008, 08:41 PM
    This thread is dead.. lol
    This is a good sign!! This means that at present (keyword: present), we don't need the forum and hopefully we're doing OK. :)

So, I found out my ex deleted me from facebook which is alright cause I'm going to study and work as well as joining the military. Hopefully, I'll fly to her parents' place and get my stuff as well as trash her room.

It sounds childish but she's being a 8itch and won't return my books I lend her.
    Eeek. hjpan, as much as it seems as though trashing her room would make things better, it won't. She may be a b----, but don't stoop to her level. If this is how she deals with things, then just let her be. Her loss. It seems like you were close to her parents. If she won't give you your books, maybe you can ask her parents to mail them to you.

Aug 11, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jiltedgirl
    This is a good sign!!! This means that at present (keyword: present), we don't need the forum and hopefully we're doing ok. :)

Eeek. hjpan, as much as it seems as though trashing her room would make things better, it won't. She may be a b----, but don't stoop to her level. If this is how she deals with things, then just let her be. Her loss. It seems like you were close to her parents. If she won't give you your books, maybe you can ask her parents to mail them to you.
    But NC calender is the life of AMHD Dating/Relationships xD

Hmmm... I want to trash her place cause she deserves some sense knocked into her that she's messing with the wrong person. I guess I shouldn't stoop to her level.. LoL
    Well, I am close with her mom... I called her the day after the earthquake struck LA to San Diego to Las vegas and we talked for 10-20mins. She asked me if I have a girlfriend and I said I didn't; she said my ex isn't dating anyone and she's quiet =/

Oh well... I'll just call her mom again and tell her I want my stuff back and I'll mail her letters back :O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search