Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Like the Colorado river being polluted by Shale oil, or the pipeline from Canada to Texas, and the farmers that lose their land for private profits? Its not so cut and dried.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Like the Colorado river being polluted by Shale oil, or the pipeline from Canada to Texas, and the farmers that lose their land for private profits? Its not so cut and dried.
    Tal, when the government builds a false case then reneges on their agreement that's pretty cut and dried.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Mr .Lunney bought the land with full knowledge the lease may NOT be renewed, and he can always contest the findings used against him and present his true science if he wished. So in fact he has options (the courts), and he was not reneged on since the original agreement for lease renewal was NOT part of his agreement.
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Mr .Lunney bought the land with full knowledge the lease may NOT be renewed, and he can always contest the findings used against him and present his true science if he wished. So in fact he has options (the courts), and he was not reneged on since the original agreement for lease renewal was NOT part of his agreement.
    Tal, your compassion is overwhelming.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Still gathering facts which are hard to find other than how much money he was making. Doesn't seem to be much about the 30 employees who will lose their jobs or what they were paid and the benefits they got from this million dollar operation.

That's where my compassion starts. People before profits.
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Still gathering facts which are hard to find other than how much money he was making. Doesn't seem to be much about the 30 employees who will lose their jobs or what they were paid and the benefits they got from this million dollar operation.

Thats where my compassion starts. People before profits.
    Dude, I already posted that the employees were devastated and some will lose their homes. What is too hard to understand here? They deserve to lose their jobs if the owners made more profit than you think is fair? They're better off anyway if they don't make $100k, have 3 weeks paid vacation, dental, vision, life and health and a guaranteed pension? What? Your logic is unbelievably illogical.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Don't put words in my mouth or assign me positions I haven't taken. Especially since you have in the past supported rich guys laying people off to make more money even though the loss of a job and living made them lose their homes too.

I have stated I had NO facts in this case. Care to share what FACTS you know without the opinionated rhetoric? Or do these 30 workers become lazy a$$holes that don't deserve taking YOUR tax money for food stamps, or assistance until they can regroup?

Links are welcome and appreciated.
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Don't put words in my mouth or assign me positions I haven't taken.
    "People before profits," those were your words. Since the fact that these people are losing their jobs solely to the Interior Secretary's unilateral decision, explain what the heck profits have to do with anything. This is allegedly about putting harbor seals and eelgrass before people in spite of any evidence showing the harm the people have done to either. Do people come first or not?

Especially since you have in the past supported rich guys laying people off to make more money even though the loss of a job and living made them lose their homes too.
    I support a free market, not government bullying.

I have stated I had NO facts in this case. Care to share what FACTS you know without the opinionated rhetoric? Or do these 30 workers become lazy a$$holes that don't deserve taking YOUR tax money for food stamps, or assistance until they can regroup?

Links are welcome and appreciated.
    You've already been referred back to the sources I cited in the initial post. You're welcome.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 12:18 PM
    QUOTE by speechlesstx;
    "People before profits," those were your words. Since the fact that these people are losing their jobs solely to the Interior Secretary's unilateral decision, explain what the heck profits have to do with anything. This is allegedly about putting harbor seals and eelgrass before people in spite of any evidence showing the harm the people have done to either. Do people come first or not?
    Evidence was submitted a basis for hiss decision and questioning it without counter evidence is but an opinion and can be challenged. He should if he indeed has a case and facts on his side and not just opinion. I mean this has been going on for years as it is.

I support a free market, not government bullying.
    The free market has cost us many jobs and as much of a bully as the government.

You've already been referred back to the sources I cited in the initial post. You're welcome.
    There were no FACTS backing up his claims just questioning methodology in your links so I am digging deeper, why aren't YOU?
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Evidence was submitted a basis for hiss decision and questioning it without counter evidence is but an opinion and can be challenged. He should if he indeed has a case and facts on his side and not just opinion. I mean this has been going on for years as it is.
    So your answer is government before people.

The free market has cost us many jobs and as much of a bully as the government.
    What part of the government is supposed to protect us, not ruin us do you not get?

There were no FACTS backing up his claims just questioning methodology in your links so I am digging deeper, why aren't YOU?
    No facts?? LOL. And why am I not digging deeper? I actually do put people first. Government is not even a distant 30th.
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 01:11 PM
    QUOTE by speechlesstx;
    So your answer is government before people.
    The government is the people or should be because that's what the constitution is all about.

What part of the government is supposed to protect us, not ruin us do you not get?
    The free market ruined us and you think that's okay??

No facts?? LOL. And why am I not digging deeper? I actually do put people first. Government is not even a distant 30t,
    I want the whole story not just the fragments that have dripped out. I can withhold my opinion till then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jeep liberty lift? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. Does anyone know if I can get my 09 jeep liberty lifted?

Gold 1913 Liberty going [ 1 Answers ]

My Mother in law passed away and I found this coin in her things. It is Gold and has 1913 On the Front with a Lady Liberty Head on front, then on back it says United States of America Cents and in the middle of the coin it has a big V and to right it says Copy. What is this?

2004 Jeep Liberty [ 2 Answers ]

The heat will not come through the ducts until the engine revs above idle only cold air. I noticed the coolant was low so I filled to the line and it worked the heat comes on during idle. After 3 days it stops working during idle and I noticed the coolant level was low again. I see no white smoke...

Gaf-Elk StormGuard,Liberty Under roof [ 1 Answers ]

Holy confusion. A couple years ago I used Liberty Self Adhesive Membrane under my tile roof. It doesn't leak, the I got confused because I saw storm guard at Home Depot. So I called Gaf-Elf (the manufacturer) the lady on the phone said, I should not have used Liberty under anything it's for...

View more questions Search